The Inn on Long Lake
Buccaneer Inn(Nanaimo)(Great Value!)
$105
$98
Travelocity
All reviewscontinental breakfasthot tubpaddle boatswafflesseparate buildingsliding glass doorsmall gymhard boiled eggsthe ground floorbusy highwaylovely spotbeautiful viewthe breakfast areatwo queen bedswaffle makerroom was spaciousisland highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice and quiet location near the centre of Nanaimo. I would stay there again when in Nanaimo. Room clean and staff very helpful. Right on the lake, nice views. Close to many shopping malls but you don't hear the noise from the highway at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NanaimoManager, General Manager at The Inn on Long Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for the great review. Its not often you can combine having great views over the lake as all our rooms do, with being so close to the City amenities.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Nanaimo.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was a pleasant travellers overnight stay with clean and comfortable rooms and an attractive view onto the lake. Even though the hotel backs onto the highway it is very quiet.

Breakfast was a bit ordinary and perfunctory though some could argue that it fitted with the price range of the rooms. Staff were not highly visible and no real effort to make you feel welcome.

We would stay there as an overnighter again but not for more than a one night stay

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review our little hotel. I do apologize that we didn't do more to enhance your stay. I believe we have a great crew working here, and I think they do a stellar job, but obviously we can improve.
I do think we are a great option to settle in for longer stays, with large rooms,and, as you mention, relaxing views. We are constantly working to improve our breakfast, and have recently added Gluten free bread and soy milk to our breakfast options. We are always open to new ideas on how to improve your experience.
Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was a lovely hotel. The view from the balcony down the lake with the racing skiffs rowing and the water birds was relaxing. You did not feel you were in the middle of a city. I would stay there again and have told friends that use the Horseshoe Bay ferry that it is the perfect spot to stay. I enjoyed seeing the dog owners on the ground floor being able to exercise their pets. The hotel even provided dog towels! Everyone was friendly, the rooms were attractive and spotless. The Hot Tub pavilion was spectacular and the breakfast good.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: ask for Water view. ask when their boats are available. ask for Main Floor with a Pet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I agree 100%-it is very easy to forget that you are still within the City, and close to all that Nanaimo has to offer. All the rooms face over the lake-no one is looking over a parking lot or the highway!
We really enjoy our four legged visitors too. I think many of them know that we also keep a few doggie treats hidden behind the front desk. The ground floor rooms, with patio doors leading right out to the lawn, are very handy for pet owners.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to visit Nanaimo.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stumbled upon this hotel in desperation. Arriving in Nanaimo without a room, we reluctantly checked this inn out. We were so pleasantly surprised. The room was fabulous with incredible views of the lake. I woke up to sunrise without even getting out of my bed. The beds were very comfy. The staff was amazingly helpful and very friendly, in particular, Elaine! She had the greatest attitude, especially putting up with my european friend who speaks little english and doesn't get some of the customs. I could have stayed much longer here with their wonderful jacuzzi, kayaks, warm water, and the best views.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
NanaimoManager, General Manager at The Inn on Long Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review! I am glad that you found us, and that you enjoyed your stay so much. Elayne will be thrilled that you mentioned her by name. She is a great member of our team, and is truly amazing with guests.
I hope the rest of your visit to Canada was as wonderful, and I hope to see you again if you ever make it back to Nanaimo.
Thank you.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I'll start by saying that I gave this place 5 stars because we were traveling with a dog and have never stayed a place that was so accommodating to pets.

If you aren't traveling with a pet I would give it a 3-4 star. The room is pretty basic. The breakfast is not bad, waffle maker, hard-boiled eggs, toast, bagels, danishes, cereal, juices, coffee, tea, fruit, etc. (I have to say the coffee was not good!) but everything else was nice to wake up to. There is a nice variety and something for everyone.

the lake is nice and but unfortunately has a highway on one side that ruins the serenity of it, but it wasn't too noisy.

the staff was helpful and efficient. when we were checking out we didn't really get a lot of warmth from the front desk, (I guess a smile and a how was your stay would have been nice).

regardless, if we are ever in nanaimo and we are with our dog, the inn on long lake is where we will be!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
NanaimoManager, General Manager at The Inn on Long Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I am glad to hear that you, and your pet, enjoyed your stay with us. We are not just pet friendly, we are pet exuberant! We always enjoy seeing our four legged visitors.
We always try to maintain a good selection for breakfast. We are always open to ideas for new products for our breakfast spread. I am surprised to hear that you didn't like the coffee. It is a dark roast, organic, rainforest friendly blend. It was my personal pick of many options I tasted. I do understand that one coffee is not ideal for everyone though.
We are truly lucky in the way the hotel was designed. Although close to the highway, as is nearly every hotel in Nanaimo, the noise is minimal once you are in your room, or on your balcony or the extensive lakeside grounds.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit, and will do our best to make it a 5 star visit for you, as well as for your pet!