“value for money!!!”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Nanaimo
Vancouver
“value for money!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed there for 2 days...value for money deal for sure. have a nice swimming pool...was clean and great service at reception and room service. Good food at the ABC country restaurant...over all was a nice stay with a nice view room :-)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Friendly efficient staff. It was great to relax in the clean hot-tub and pool area after a long day on the road. Clean spacious rooms and an excellent continental breakfast, fresh fruit, great hot drink selection - more than enough for breakfast. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Water-Reality
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stayed at the Days Inn for 5 nights over Christmas 2011, and overall found this hotel met our needs well. We had a family bunk room, which was great as we have two kids, but we would've appreciated a door between our bedroom and theirs. The bathroom was tiny and the rooms themselves small, but adequate if you were out most of the day. We were on the bottom floor facing the road, but we weren't disturbed at all by the traffic. The hotel is not really within walking distance to anything, but it is an easy drive into town being right on the main interstate. The lady on reception was very helpful sorting things like heating and extra blankets for us on the first night and we found all the staff there to be friendly and helpful. The pool and hot-tub was another bonus for families. We didn't find the mattress in the main room very comfortable, with the two of us there was quite a bit of 'roll-together', but then that may just be us and I would still recommend this hotel if you're travelling with kids.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Trace123NewZealand
Ucluelet, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

My mother and I went up there for a girls trip out of town. There was a snow storm so I didn't know if we would be able to make it. I called and the manager Paul answered the phone and was very polite. He told me if we couldn't make it tonight he would move our reservation forward a day. I really liked our room it was very clean and quit. The only thing I didn't like was the lady at front desk at night. She was a bit rude and I felt like she wanted to deal with us as fast as possible. My mom didn't notice it, but I work for a resort doing front desk and I would never treat people like that. There was a lady training the day we checked out I hope she does well, one of the nicer people at the front desk. My mom left her phone charger there and they are sending it to us in the mail!! Overall everything was great I will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cassandra m
PaulNanaimo, General Manager at Days Inn - Nanaimo, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for your comments - I value this feedback as we need to know which areas to work at improving. My apologies for the poor hospitality you received at check-in. There is no excuse for this, and I will address with my staff at our next team meeting. Please call me directly should you be visiting Nanaimo in the future and I would be pleased to have you stay here again at a special discounted rate.
Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

We rented two rooms for work done in Nanaimo. The std queen size room was ok but the larger suite we rented for two of was quite poor. The carpet was badly stained, the safety chain on the door was not there, the door seemed to have been broken into and the shower was not clean enough to use. Area is quite away from town and overall did not seem to be in a safe area.

Room Tip: SIngle room was adequate. Family suite was very poor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Nanaimo hotels

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Nice girl at check it, but it went down from there. The hotel is non-smoking (a good thing) but it needs a makeover. The Hall and room carpets were quite dirty, room was OK but smelled a bit, furnishings were fairly new but cheap, new flat screen TV with quite a few channels, only one ice and pop/chit machine and a long walk away, no elevator. Breakfast was very basic, but better than nothing, I guess. I would not go back; there were other hotels in the area that were new(er) and about $30.00 less.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tailes2
PaulNanaimo, General Manager at Days Inn - Nanaimo, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay here. . We are committed to improving the hotel physical product and services ; and currently renovations are underway in the restaurant and pool area, with plans to replace corridor carpet this winter. I would be pleased to offer you a 50% discount on your next visit to Nanaimo, please contact me directly to mare your reservation, at 1-877-754-8171. Again thank you for your honest critique of the hotel.

Best Regards,

Paul Dodds
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We had a lovely large room with harbour view and it was clean and very comfortable. The girl at the front desk wasn't in a good mood but that was her problem.
The restaurant has good food and we enjoyed a tasty dinner and breakfast.
I telephoned the desk when I discovered that we had no facial tissue in the room at all.
The dispenser was empty.
Believe it or not I was told that the hotel had no boxes of tissue anywhere.
This was ridiculous and very inconvenient so, if you plan to stay, be really sure to bring your own boxes of tissue.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy B
PaulNanaimo, General Manager at Days Inn - Nanaimo, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I appreciate the honest feedback. I will discuss your comments with the staff at the the front desk, both in terms of attitude and training. (The hotel does provide facial tissue in all guestrooms, however with house-keepin staff leaving at 4pm, extra supplies should have been brought to the Front dsesk.)
Please conatct me directly should you have any further concerns, or if you are returning to Nanaimo as I would be pleased to offer you a special discount, by way of apology.

Regards,