“Great service- great food”

Simonholt Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 333 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: SIMONHOLT is a family friendly Nanaimo destination that features a diverse menu based on the refined palette of Chef priding itself on a 'mainly from scratch' kitchen. We offer an extensive wine selection of both red and white by the glass, a fully stocked bar and first class service. We have 3 patios including a rooftop deck with beautiful ocean and mountain views. We frequently host live music from both travelling and local Vancouver Island artists. Please check our website for upcoming shows. SIMONHOLT is locally operated and has been ranked in the top 3 best overall restaurants for 4 years and best patio restaurant in Nanaimo . We are located in the North Nanaimo commercial core and are neighbors to Woodgrove Center and Costco. SIMONHOLT is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the mild west coast weather.
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I have enjoyed the food many times at Simon Holt but the last visit was particularly good. Our server, Katie A. was upbeat, knowledgeable about the wines and the foods. She was efficient without being harried. A wonderful food and service experience. Sue A. Port McNeill

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I have eaten here a few times and I have to say my favorite thing it the Seafood Hotpot! Great Sauce. The service is always great. Katie knew exactly what was in each dish and made great options to go with the meal. She even offered a great drink that was not on the menu - the Razztini! You should give this one a try!!!

1  Thank JP p
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have been to SimonHolt on many occasions and the staff is always very friendly and makes you feel at home. Last time I was there, our waitress was Anne and she was very nice, who was also nice to look at! I had the Dragon Bowl which was good. However next time I go I will get the Seafood Hot Pot which is great!

1  Thank CBiddy
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband likes to go out and I usually don't. He talked about this place behind Costco. We found it easily. We liked the comfortable atmosphere and our server was very professional. Our appetizer was delicious as was our main courses. We will return with our friends as it is close to home. Next time I will check it out for lunch after shopping.

1  Thank Elgie H
Reviewed February 20, 2012

With the interesting name, we weren't sure it was a restraunt at first. We are very glad we took a closer walk up to the front doors. Once opened, what a treat. Warm and inviting. Very open concept with flat screen TV's placed inconspicuously around. The service was excellant and the menu varied and unique. We both chose a small bowl of seafood chowder. Glad we didn't choose the large. The small bowl was very filling. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank pcs1405