“Our favorite Vietnamese food!”
Review of Huong Lan

Huong Lan
Ranked #24 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We love the food here! The kids love it. It's affordable and delish!
We always have number 16 and deep fried wontons!

1  Thank Julie B

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have not been to this Vietnamese restaurant for several years. The last time I was there, an uncomfortable scene with the RCMP & some customers frightened me. So, I avoided going there.

My husband wanted to treat me with a lunch date. He surprised me by taking me to Huong Lan's.

The first thing that we both noticed was the total lack of training of the waitresses. It took ever for a waitress to take our order, We asked for some water when she took our orders. It never arrived. When, we finally got our meals, I had to ask her for water, again.

I ordered #53. Ga nuong, cha gio, chao tom, Bun hoac Com
Grilled lemon grass chicken, spring roll, and prawn on sugar cane served with vermicelli noodle Noodle is sprinkled with roasted peanut

The vermicelli noodles were all broken up & mushy, not long & springy like they should have been. The prawn on sugar cane was bland, The lemon grass chicken tasted like they had substituted pork. I didn't find any peanuts. Even after, I added several spoon fulls of chili oil to the dish was it was tasteless,

My husband had: #40. Com xao do bien
Seafood stir-fried made with prawns, squids, deep fried prawns, and vegetables served with rice,

His meal was even worse. He said it tasted murky. He picked out the few squid & prawn out of the dish & left the rest.

The waitress came & asked us if, we were finished. She did not ask if, we enjoyed our meal. I guess it was obvious by all our untouched food.

We paid $30 for this unpleasant experience. We will not return to this restaurant. We will continue go to Pho A Dong Restaurant & Pho Boi A Taste of Vietnam, instead.

1  Thank condu
Reviewed April 29, 2013

For a store-front operation, this little restaurant seems to be very popular with the locals. The food was good, nothing out of the ordinary. On a Monday night, when options are limited, you won't be disappointed here.

1  Thank heartstoyou
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Just love it here. The best Vietnamese food in town. I have been all over the world even Vietnam and it has the best spicy soup here. This is as close as you get to real Vietnamese food. Tom and his family are great also~ a family own restaurant.

1  Thank winterblues88
Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you like any of the many 24 hour pho houses in Vancouver, you will not be dissappointed by the tastes and selection at Huong Lan. They have the pho and all the basic vermicelli and rice dishes that you would expect. Good size portions, free jasmine tea when you sit down, and a selection of sauces on the table. A little pricey for some of the dishes, but definitely a restaurant you will like if you are in the mood for an easy going, relaxed taste of Vietnam.

1  Thank ndngurl