“Omg”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: French little bistro. Authentique home cooking
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Being previous restaurant owners my husband and I decided to dine here. It was awesome to say the least! From the service to the food I would say everyone needs to try this quaint French restaurant. My husband had the duck and myself the coq au vin. We started with the salad provençale. Everything was excellent. Dessert was the crêpe suzette and special coffee. Our server Peter was very friendly and professional! Thank you Gilles, Peter and Robin for a memorable evening.

cafefrancaisnanaimo, Owner at Le Cafe Francais, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much. It was a real pleasure to receive you.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We enjoyed the friendly welcome and great service at this restaurant. The food was delicious and wine was reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 2, 2018

We had three different dishes with three different sauces. The three favorites were:
Scallops( coquille st-jacque) which had a cream garlic sauce with french herbs. The second one had prawns with a delicious tomato cognac sauce and the last one but not the least, the escargot with a cognac, walnuts and raisins sauce. I would highly recommend it to anyone who's ready to eat good food. Plus, the service was amazing.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Our anni ersary are always special. This year we chose to eat locally. Made a reservation and put the "pressure" on the chef/owner.

All I can say is the food was perfect; from the escargot (walnuts, raisins, and cognac), a nice bottle of red wine, and crèpes, to after dinner liquors.

The staff are friendly, and well informed as to what choices would work.

Definitely a repeat. Only negative would be the lack of Nanaimo culture in the downtown core. This has nothing to do with the quality and good value in our meals.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

This restaurant was a real treat. I brought my mom there for her birthday. The server took really good care of us. I really like the ambiance , the french music, the french servers, it really felt like we took a little trip to France. The food is presented on the plate very nicely and it taste delicious. I can't wait to go back to try more of this authentic french cuisine.