“Fun & French!”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: French little bistro. Authentique home cooking
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Food was great! My sisters had crepes and I had the filet. Melted right there in my mouth! We could not help ourselves after seeing the table next to us have desert. The sounds coming from that table were happy sounds! I had the banana dish, not sure what my sisters had, because it was gone before I could taste it. Clearly a family ran business. Our server (the son) was fun, helpful and adorable. He made lunch a highlight of our trip. The only thing I could possibly find regretful was the decor. They could use a little update, other than that perfect place for lunch!

There are newer reviews for Le Cafe Francais

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Last week I suggested to my partner that we try Le Cafe Francais. Well we both look forward to our next visit. We have been to France and we felt like we were vacationing in Europe!!! The taste, textures , colour and smells were five star. Plus we got to practice our French. I love family run places. Continued success !

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have had great meals in the great restaurants of France. I have had great meals in the best French restaurants in Canada. And right up there with the best of them is Le Cafe Francais on Commercial Street in little old Nanaimo, B.C. Tonight my wife and I dined on a delightful Crepe Fromage (broccoli, brie cheese, and ham), pan fried red snapper, snowpeas, rice, French onion soup, tossed green salad, and creme brulee, all washed down by an excellent beaujolais. All of which was consumed at very reasonable prices. The service was friendly, fast, and informative. It was a fantastic discovery. Kudos to Chef Gilles le Patezour! Kudos to Nanaimo!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had 2 deserts and they were just delish!
Parking was hard to get to since there were something going on down town, but if you park under the Library then it would be fine (only 1 dollar for 2 hours).

Reviewed July 27, 2014

During our first visit to Nanaimo, we came upon this lovely little restaurant, friendly service, great food - an all around great experience.