“Amazing comfort and service! A great experience.”

Long Lake Waterfront B&B
Ranked #3 of 34 Nanaimo B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our 15 years of marriage this year and were looking for a getaway on Vancouver island. We wanted to visit Nanaimo as part of our trip and we looked up Bed and Breakfasts there on trip advisor. We decided to go with Long Lake Waterfront because the rooms looked inviting and the price was great. When we got there, we were not at all disappointed but rather surprised at how nice the rooms were. The view from our suite 'Madrona' was superbe!! Loved the breakfasts and the hosts are very nice. We got to meet some great people and loved the peaceful moments in the spa as well as in our room watching old movies from a good selection they carry. Great place, would go back any time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I should have written this review a long time ago. My boyfriend and I had gone there summer 2013 in early September. Janice and Gordie Robinson were so nice as to give us the room that we wanted because my boyfriend was planning a surprise trip for my birthday which he also happened to proposed that same week.

The B&B was beautiful! Right on the lake where you could swim, kayak, and canoe! There was a hot tub and lots of things to do there just at the B&B. It was the perfect getaway -- you really don't need to go downtown Nanaimo, because Long Lake had more than enough entertainment. Long Lake is definitely the perfect place to relax.

Janice and Gordie make an extremely delicious dinner and Gordie took us on a ride on his ski-do which was a blast. They also took into consideration my dietary needs because I am severely lactose intolerant and even asked if I preferred almond milk or soy (I preferred almond milk). I can't say enough about how beautiful, relaxing and comfortable the establishment is. The room was gorgeous!

I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is asking where they should stay in Nanaimo. Even people who live in Nanaimo should stay at this B&B just because you need to see this place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm so lucky to choose Long Lake Waterfront B&B as my first time living in B&B. The room is very warm and cozy. And the breakfast is awesome!Gordie and Janice introduced their home and had a nice chat with me~ Thank you for taking care of me a lot!

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is by far one of the best B and B's I have ever stayed in! It is clean, with a comfy bed, and in a excellent location. Gord and Janice are amazing hosts and great cooks! I would reccommend this B and B to any holiday'ers, and business travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed for only one night, but would have stayed some more if we could. The room was very clean and luxuorious and the owners were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast while overviewing the lake.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've stayed in B+B's around the world, and this ranks with the best. Our room was large, spacious, and completely accommodating, with a spectacular view of the lake and fall foliage. The wonderful breakfasts were served at table, with outstanding coffee and cheerful conversation with innkeepers and other guests. We hit the waterfront jacuzzi each night. Enjoy it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
LongLakeWaterfrontBB, Owner at Long Lake Waterfront B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Wow - thank you for your comments that "I've stayed in B+B's around the world, and this ranks with the best" A total honour to host you and learn about your conference of international experts on our oceans . We look forward to your return visit with your spouse on a relaxing vacation .

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I had a great time the suite was wonderful and had everything you could need or want bed was very comfortable we slept wonderful. We wish we could have stayed longer. The owners are awesome and so accomadating the morning breakfast was amazing. So much to do and see there and surrounding areas just a short drive. Hot tub was awesome at night even in the rain and cold. Try the town brewery great beer and great food. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing how you enjoyed your experience here. The hot tub on the beach is one of the many highlights you mentioned - sitting there with a glass of wine and sharing the magical environment with your partner is a great bonding moment. Come back and enjoy the views anytime:)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanaimo
Coast Bastion Hotel
#1 of 1 in Union Bay
A Snug Harbour Inn
A Snug Harbour Inn
#1 of 29 in Ucluelet

Been to Long Lake Waterfront B&B? Share your experiences!