Long Lake Waterfront B&B
  • Restaurant
$100
$79
TripAdvisor
All reviewslong lakehot tubgreat hostsevery morninggas fireplacevancouver islandbreakfast was excellentjet tubtwo nightsstayed longerstayed here for one nightyogurtcanoesuitehelengrottoprivacy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the lakeside room for two nights. We decided this was not long enough and hope to go back sometime soon.

Breakfast - we have traveled bed and breakfasts all over the continent and Gordie's service and quality rank in the highest we have ever expereienced. The freshness, portions, and care he puts in the meal deserves the 5 stars we are giving it. Tis b and b encourages structured eating times and this wasn't a problem.

Room- The pictures on the internet don't do it justice. We have traveled the globe and the room from this room should be on the cover of travel magazines. The Internet connection was good as was the multi room layout.

Gordie and Janice are excellent hosts and really took the time upon arrival to make us feel welcome.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We changed our plans to stay around Long Lake, Gordie and Janice are fantastic hosts, couldnt spend enough time helping with advice, things to do as well as a personal tour of the lake thrown in... great facilitys 5* rooms aswell as use of the hot tub and boats!! We will defo be back and fully recommend a visit!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We normally are constantly on the go during a vacation, but since I'm considering a move to the island I thought we'd use Nanaimo as a base for a couple of days. When I saw the pictures I knew immediately that I could see myself relaxing on the dock with a glass of wine contemplating the big move. After speaking to Janice, my wife was onboard with her first B&B experience. We took the Madrona suite, which was very large and comfortable. Gordie and Janice were great hosts and seem to really enjoy meeting guests from all over the world. The other rooms were booked, but only met the one couple from Germany and I enjoyed talking to them about their life back home etc. I find it much easier to talk to people at a B&B then at a hotel, yet when we wanted quiet time it was easily found. Stunning views, great breakfast and a good nights sleep - what more could you ask for? It was a quick drive to Parksville to see the sand castle competition and the drive from Victoria was a snap. Gordie provided a few coupons for discounts as various establishments and we appreciated his advice on what to do in the area. I'd love to go in the fall. Use the boats and enjoy the lake or just take in the mountain and lake .... awesome.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This B&B is all we had hoped for! Clean, exceptional view, quiet, relaxing and great hosts. Don't think twice. Book now!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

A really beautiful location on the lake. The suite was very comfortable and spacious and we appreciated the fireplace. Hosts are very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was very enjoyable. I can see myself relaxing here again.

Room Tip: Prefer the lakeside suite as it is more private.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple