“worst breakfast ever”
Review of Ramada Nanaimo

Ramada Nanaimo
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Nanaimo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I appreciate that mistakes do happen, but .....
stayed here for one night arrived around 10pm after a full day of meetings. the clerk was friendly and quoted me a price, I then asked for government rate , she requested my ID which I gave, then proceeded to charge me the same price, when questioned she indicated the " walk in rate was the same as the government rate" ..so why did you have to see my ID?

Room appeared to be fine - large , relatively new , as I pull back the covers on the bed , I was shocked to see that there was a number of long black hairs and a rumpled bottom sheet! Ug! - I opened the second bed and it was fine - phoned the desk to report this , and she did offer to change rooms, I said no as I was extremely tired and the second bed was ok....next morning as I was checking to make sure I had all my belongings, I came across a pair of dirty socks , that obviously were not mine .... yuck .... if this was a youth hostel at $35.00 a night ..i could handle it ...but at over 100.00 night!
As I was checking out the clerk indicated that the manager would like to talk with me regarding my compliant, I waited as it appeared he was on the phone. After about 10 minutes the clerk returned again and said he gave her permission to reduce my rate by 10% .. Gee thanks ....i also mentioned that there were some smelly socks in there room, and her only response was oh dear. No, definitely will not be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank capistanio
Van Isle, BC
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I spent four separate week long stays while on business at the Ramada. I had a different room each time I checked in (I went home on weekends); all the rooms were similar. I found the rooms spacious and the beds were comfortable. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. The breakfast room was a nice touch - I would have like to have seen some variety from the sausage patties and eggs every day (after the first week, I usually just grabbed a yogurt to go). Overall - a good stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rabgal
PITT MEADOWS
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Enjoyed our stay very much, first time at a Ramada. Very staff - from the front desk to housekeeping. Very helpful. We were impressed with the size of our room and the amenities provided. It was a great location for all that we had to do. I will say that the directlons printed off the site were not quite correct, you may want to create better directions from the ferry. We simply found them not quite right, never mentioned that Terminal turns into Island Hwy. Just a quick observation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada