“Best Hotel in Nanaimo”
Review of Ramada Nanaimo

Ramada Nanaimo
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Nanaimo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great Value, Great Staff, Great Location. I truly appreciate how the staff goes out of their way to ensure your staff is the best. The staff truely take pride in the Ramada brand.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is well located and easy to find. Employees at the front desk are very professional and helpful. The first impression is of a clean quiet hotel. We had a seniors' rate, which made the room, more affordable. Big room with 2 queen size beds, lots of pillows clean washroom, good showerhead, new shower curtain. Room has a mini fridge, coffee/tea/a safe for valuables and free WiFi. Continental breakfast is included and starts at 6:00 am. I would definitely stay there again. The only thing I notices was the lack of wine glasses. The hotel only provides cardboard disposable cups. Too bad because when you want a glass of wine it does not taste the same in a cardboard glass.

Room Tip: Up on the 4th floor away from the elevators is where we were located but the hotel is very quiet in...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My friends and I had a decent stay at this Ramada. The staff was very friendly and helpful. For a hotel in a small town, this one is not bad at all. The only complaint I had was the smell around that area in Nanaimo. The smell was generated from a pulp and paper factory nearby. There wasn’t anything the hotel could do about it. It wasn’t their fault.

After reading some postings on Trip Advisor, we were very careful about our belongings and did not leave any items in the car. There was no issue.

Location was good. There were a lot of restaurants nearby and it’s a short drive from the Duke Point ferry terminal.

Breakfast was good. It had good coffee.

I would stay there again if I go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this particular Ramada Inn in Nanaimo. It's a quiet place, with generously sized rooms. I was comfortable until my shower in the morning. No hot water.....NOT impressed. Upon check out, I mentioned this to the front desk clerk. She asked me if I had called down to front desk to report...hmmm not an easy thing to do while in shower. I did not even receive a "sorry" or "we'll look into this". I must also note that I had the same problem last time I stayed here. I won't be staying again.

Room Tip: If you value a hot shower, don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank darentsen
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After booking a block of rooms for a wedding and choosing to spend our money at this particular Ramada, a number of things went horribly wrong:
-Rooms were not ready by the time the wedding party needed
-Front desk staff had obviously bad attitudes toward our group from the moment of arrival
-Cribs requested ended up in the wrong rooms and were not set-up (nor were there offers to assist with setting up)
-When asking for assistance with a freezer to store food that needed to be frozen, we were denied use of the hotel's fridge and not offered a freezer/fridge room combo
-No phone books available but no directory assistance help from staff either
-Breakfast was 'sold out,' by 9am and there was no coffee available for 40 minutes while staff ate their breakfasts
-Vending machine was out of order without a sign in place and guests had to go to the front desk for a refund, no offer of bringing the money to the rooms.
I have never experienced such terrible customer service in my life. I will not stay at a Ramada again.

Room Tip: The Howard Johnson down the street would be a better option.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OttawaIluka
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just stayed two nights during a busy weekend on Vancouver island. Making reservations was easy and they fulfilled all my room requests. Check in was a breeze and I always appreciate friendly front desk staff and they were absolutely pleasent. The rooms are large and very clean, with a fridge and seperate bar sink which was handy. In room coffee, safe and temperature control. Very good beds and linens. Breakfast was great - there are apples and mandarin oranges, cook yourself waffles, yogurt, eggs and sausage. Good coffee. Overall a well managed facility and I would recommend staying there over any of the other hotels I saw in Nanaimo.

Room Tip: Overlooking back parking lot has a moutain view and these rooms would be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Agree with all the other recent reviews. Hotel seems well managed, rooms clean and fresh. "Continental Breakfast" bit of a misnomer: there was hot food on the two mornings we were there ("sausage patties" and "scrambled egg patties") plenty of carbs, cereals, etc. but no fresh fruit. Wouldn't many, if not most, travelers today prefer fresh fruit rather than the egg and sausage choices? Other than that, a good choice. Great laundry room by the way: just off the lobby they have two washers and two dryers; soap available from the front desk. Also - hotel staff informed our party that there is a walking trail along the water that takes you to downtown. We didn't try it, but a nice option to know about in good weather.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple