“NOT JUST BAD, BUT ABSOLUTELY WORST THAI FOOD EVER”

No photo provided
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a very candid account of our visit:

1- When we arrived late after lunch (2:45 pm), the waiter was kind and offered us lunch. No one other than the workers were present.

2- I first asked if the food had MSG in it because I had serious allergy to MSG. I was assured there is no MSG except in the Oyster sauce which comes in large cans and the gentleman said he would hold back the Oyster sauce.

3- On that understanding we ordered the Tom Yum Goong soup (prawns) and PAD GRA PAOW also with prawns, rice for two plus a diet coke and a tea.

4- The soup had five mid size prawns ($9.95) and only made two individual sized bowls of soup. It had mushrooms and ginger and NOTHING else in it by way of veggies. Lemon grass, garlic, corriander, basil leaves were AWOL (Absent Without Leave).

5- The PAD GRA PAOW came and that $15.95 dish was even more disappointing. It was sufficient in quantity for one person but the taste was such that we did not want more.

6- The rice was sufficient quantity but it smelled foul. We felt the rice must be very old: several days old.

7- Within an hour after eating the food, I had a pounding headache and I was nauseated and my lips was parched (symptoms associated with MSG). A full 33 hours has passed and I am still suffering.

8- The gentleman server, kind as he was, forgot my coke refill until after we finished the food. I told him not to bother anymore. Remember: we were the ONLY customers at the time and he was not busy.

This is by far, the absolute worst Thai food I ever had ANYWHERE. I am also very upset about the false information that the food has no MSG. It is wrong and irresponsible.

There are newer reviews for Mon Thong Thai Restaurant

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was my go to for lunch. I would call a head and pick it up on my break when i worked at the mall. They gave me discount cards and usualy gave them back even after i used it. Pad thai is very good and large portions.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ask Joe for a suggestion. When you do, your dinner seems to be just that much more tastier somehow. Do not be surprised if he includes a little more for the same price. An excellent businessman

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Food is so tasty and very reasonably priced. Staff is very friendly and and your meal is always ready fast, no matter how busy they are. Very good.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Some of the best Thai food around. Always friendly service. Excellent place for a quality $15 lunch. The owners are personable and willing to share a little Thai hospitality with you.