“All Organic!”
Review of Summerhill Winery

Summerhill Winery
Reserve with OpenTable
Summerhill Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 645 Restaurants in Kelowna
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Southwest Mission
Cross street: Lakeshore Road
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Bistro at Summer Hill Winery is all organic and such an awesome place to eat! We had Roasted Squash Soup with a Thin Crust Mediterranean Pizza and Banana Bread French Toast for desert! The meal was to die for it was so amazing. The waiter unfortunately we didn't get his name but gave the most amazing service, so friendly and just a joy to have him serve us. Thanks for such a great dining experience!

organiclover, General Manager at Summerhill Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Minnie999,

Thank you for visiting, and thank you for posting your enthusiastic feedback! So glad that you appreciate the organic ingredients we feature and had an outstanding experience.

Cheers!
Ezra Cipes
CEO, Summerhill Pyramid Winery

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Loved the knowledgeable staff behind counters, mostly very helpful for answering questions
Loved the alive white, Baco noir and of course their brut
Great decor, great place to take pics and wonderful view of okanagan mission lakeview

Reviewed August 28, 2013

House guests wanted to take us to dinner the last nite of their visit. We suggested the Sumerhill Winery as we had eaten there previously and had great food. We ordered a bottle of Pino Gris and when the waitress asked our guest to taste it, she said nothing...leading me to suspect it was not good. In fact it was terrible. Then we ordered a salad, a pasta dish and chicken. The chicken was tough and tasteless (the worst I have had at a restaurant). When the bill came, it was over $130. We were embarrassed at having suggested the restaurant and the costly, disappointment that we shared with our friends.

3  Thank Colin M
organiclover, General Manager at Summerhill Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Colin,

Thanks for posting your review. There are a couple points you have raised that are worth responding about.

Regarding the chicken, I have passed on your comments to Chef Jesse Croy. I know that dish well, and feel it is an excellent recipe. If a dish is not prepared properly, it is our mistake, and I hope you addressed it with your server who would have then removed the charge from your bill and/or prepared a new dish. Similarly, with the wine, which I believe to be excellent, the reason a server gives a taste of wine before pouring is so that the guest can check the wine for flaws. We use all natural cork, and although less than 1% of bottles are affected, cork taint is a very real consideration, and your bottle may well have been tainted. If you are ever unsure about a wine's quality or if it is tainted, that initial taste is your opportunity to say something. Given your account of your guest's reaction, it would have been wise for my staff to intuit that there was something wrong with the bottle. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to my dining room manager to make sure that a similar situation with another guest in the future is avoided.

Yours sincerely,
Ezra Cipes
CEO, Summerhill Pyramid Winery

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The Bistro is nice. The service was good, but I think the food was average. If you are looking to have a wonderful meal, there are better alternatives.

2  Thank Jayteekay
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently wrote a somewhat negative review of Summerhill. To my surprise the owner contacted me asking me to elaborate on the concerns expressed in my review which I did. Because of this personal consideration, we decided to try the bistro again as we had a friend visiting from Ireland. Our visit was excellent, with our friend and ourselves enjoying some wine and the fabulous view of Lake Okanagan

2  Thank aidan k