“Excellent food and service in a small place”

Nagano Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #306 of 654 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed July 6, 2014

After wandering around in the rain and finding that the theatre district in Kelowna does not have much to offer for eateries,as they are either closed or gone out of business. We were looking for a nice restaurant to have a pleasant dining experience in walking distance to the Actors Studio. The stores are all closed , not inviting at all. In July this area should be bustling with people! We finally found the Nagano Sushi restaurant in a small strip mall, so we gave it a try. I am not much for sushi but my wife likes it.
We ordered a couple of combo's and were pleasantly surprised. The food was tasty well prepared and presented, I should have taken a picture! We had a half litre of local wine which was good. Our waitress, a girl from Belgium was very efficient and pleasant. The prices at Nagano Sushi are very reasonable for Kelowna and we will definitely go back the next time we are in Kelowna.

1  Thank swissboy43

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I usually order the Box A Bento combo. Chicken is a little dry but you get pretty good value for the price. The tea is a little darker than I am used to at a Japanese restaurant. Tables are a little snug for 4 people.

1  Thank activeblossom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Tried this place out because I had a coupon. Had to make a reservation and when we got there I was questioned if I made the reservation for only 2 of the 3 of us. There were at least 5 empty tables. She told us to wait and a few minutes later motioned us over to one of the empty tables. Ordered green tea but never came. Another customer walked in and the first thing she did was explain that he should have called first to make a reservation, lots of empty tables. The food was okay but nothing special. Took awhile to get our bill and she said she was going to grab the debt machine. We realized 5 minutes later it was the wrong bill even though she took off the coupon. One of the "cooks" came out and gave us a different bill, our bill that was $7 cheaper. We handed him money and than he took off without taking the payment. I went up to pay the bill and than he asked me for the coupon which I explained I had already given the waitress.
There are quite a few sushi places in Kelowna, a few are much higher rated on Trip. None of us will be going back.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

For my wife and I it's the perfect spot to satisfy both our needs. I love sushi, she doesn't. But there are enough choices on there without fish that she loves, so were both happy.

We both love their special Kamikaje Roll and the spicy sauce they drizzle over it. We each get plate of them. She also really enjoys their Chicken Roll and their tempura dinner boxes. While I can order a wide variety of single orders of Nigiri Sushi.

The food is always fresh and reasonably priced.

It's not very big inside, can get quite crowed and you could be sitting really close to the other table. We always make a reservation and ask for one of their semi-private booths.

Limited free parking in front and plenty of meter parking (free after 5pm) around.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming and quick to have my meal ready. Have some great privacy booths which I would enjoy if I eat in. Food was great. Had time to eat about half before I put it away, pulled it back out later that night and it was still great.