“Just great!!!!!!”

Little Hobo Soup & Sandwich Shop
Ranked #1 of 618 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Comfort food at comfortable prices! Soup and Sandwich Shop
“Just great!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped after reading Trip Advisor and was not disapointed. The Chicken Tai soup was point on. Everything else was great. They asked our name and remembered it.
Would not have found this or had gone in without reading about it. Trip adviser works again.
Thanks

LittleHoboKelowna_BC, Owner at Little Hobo Soup & Sandwich Shop, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thanks for checking us out on trip advisor ... and for coming in and having a bite to eat with us Lori! I remember you well... enjoy your travels... hope to see you next time you are traveling through Kelowna! :) Crystal

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

What an awesome little place. The owners both work there and they are both extremely nice people and make excellent lunch food. You should definitely try it.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for the review and the recommendation!! We are working hard every day to make yummy healthy options for your lunch! Thanks again. Crystal
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Fresh and hearty!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped in there while on holidays; we were looking for a local spot for soup and sandwiches. This place blew our minds everything was fresh and tasted authentically home cooked. The wait staff were so friendly and the place was packed at lunch hour they never lost their spark! The place was filled with regulars saying how much they looked forward to eating what they ordered. The perogies loaded with gravy were phenomenal tasting and massive portions!! I had the broccoli bacon soup and a club house very filling and fresh. Honestly for the price 5-15$ pp you get so much quality and serving size. Looks a little low key from outside but a real diamond in the rough.

Thanks for the Picture... and taking the time to post a review on this site!! Steve and I get up early every Tuesday morning to make Perogies from scratch... 3am wake up for us :) When I was growing up all the bread was made from scratch in my grandmothers kitchen... and the perogies rolled by hand... whew! Sometimes the grandkids would go and pick saskatoons and she would fill a few special perogs with berries for us and we had perogies for dinner and dessert!!! Thanks again... we appreciate your feedback! Crystal ( and perogy dough roller ...Steve : )
KELOWNA
“Love this place!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

This small eatery is the best kept secret in Kelowna for delicious and hearty lunch fare. Service is fast and friendly. Home cooked food will keep you coming back! Love turkey dinner Thursdays.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank DIANE D
Thanks for coming in and writing a review! Thursdays we serve up a Holiday Turkey Sandwich ... Christmas every Thursday at the Hobo!! Lol Thanks so much for picking up your lunch at our lil shop... we could not make it without our regulars :) Thanks again Crystal & Steve
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbeatable!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have now been to the Little Hobo a few times and every time it is better than the last. I was recommended this place by a friend and was at first a little skeptical because it does not look like much from the outside - boy was I in for a surprise!

As soon as you enter you are greeted as if you are family and that feeling lasts for the entire experience. The food here is good, casual, home-style cooking. Steve works his butt off in the back to make sure everyone has a delicious meal while Crystal is running the show from the front of the shop and serving up soups like a master.

Last Friday I went in and saw the daily special was a Philly Cheesesteak. As soon as I saw that I forgot that I was supposed to be doing a "vegetarian month" with my girlfriend and I ordered it up straight away. I have personally been to Philadelphia and eaten at Gino's (where the cheesesteak was invented) and I have to say that I much preferred Steve's take on it!

Today I was in there for lunch once again and the special of the day was Perogies with gravy, sour cream and sausage. I have to declare now that I am not a huge perogie fan but I figured that if Little Hobo is making it then it is probably going to be very good. I have had Cecil's perogies in Kelowna before and I did enjoy those, but today's meal blew them out of the water. I think I have been converted into a perogie lover now! Thanks guys, my waist line does not appreciate that at all.

The portions here are outrageously large and I usually have to lie down after eating a meal here. The value for money is excellent (around $5-10 for a meal depending on your choice). The service is above and beyond. You really feel like you are sitting down for a meal with your Mum and Dad when you eat here. I love this place!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank DerekOC_Aus
Love ... love ...love the fact that you have written this trip advisor review... thus outing yourself to your girlfriend about the " vegetarian month" Lol Thank you so much! Your review touched Steve and I and we appreciate you taking the time to write it!! Steve does make a mean Cheese Steak... so melty and meaty... mmmm. Fridays is the day that sammie is served at our little shop :) Soups are always on at the Hobo... I am for sure making at least 100 different varieties now... and we are also offering frozen take home soup. Hope to meet the girlfriend... we always have vegetarian options that are delish too~ Crystal