“order pachos!”

Ranked #137 of 654 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Description: Our Kelowna location features both a Kelly O'Bryan's Neighborhood Restaurant downstairs and a Carlos O'Bryan's pub upstairs. It is easy to access our location, which is situated near the waterfront in downtown Kelowna. We have delicious food at reasonable prices, and are a fun place for all ages. We pride ourselves on our excellent service, ensuring that our staff is attentive and helpful.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Good place for food and drinks. What makes it excellent is their pachos. They are heaven. If you go here, you must order pachos!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We recently stopped in for a couple appetizers and beverage before a local hockey game. We were greeted at the door by a friendly staff member who found us comfortable seating and explained the drink beverage specials for the day. A very short time later our server was at our table asking to take our order. We ordered a special beer each along with their potato skins and a plate of wings. Both were delicious and gone within minutes. A great place for meeting friends or just going for a romantic dinner. You don't have to be Irish to enjoy the atmosphere. We will be back. If it is your birthday you get your meal free if someone else at your table orders off of the regular menu.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

They have a great appetizer deal every evening after nine pm. The McCracken Rolls and Pachos are my favourites!

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We chose to go here with my parents who were visiting and our 3 kids. We were greeted warmly and seated quickly. Our waitress was friendly and got our drinks right away and took our orders promptly. Our appetizers arrived in good time and although the wings were average the Mcracken Rolls were amazing and we wished we had ordered more. If we would have left now things would have been great but everything went down hill from here. We waited for 45 minutes between appies and entrees, with 3 kids this is challenging but when your waitress also dissapears for long periods of time it is very frustrating. Once our food finely came we thought it looked good but looks are deceiving. My husbands pizza was over cooked and the chicken on it very dry. The slider burgers that were on the kids menu had stale buns and I had a taco salad that looked amazing but I had to send it back. Within 2 bites I knew something was very wrong with the salad. The lettuce had a strong bleach taste and the chicken on the salad was also off and had a chemical taste to it. When I voiced my issues my dad said his soup had a chemical taste as well but he didnt want to say anything. The waitress did take the salad off our bill but looked very unimpressed with us. If we go back here it will be for appetizers only as our entrees were unfortunately not good.

1  Thank BeautyForAshes
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a great time and enjoyed our meal at Kelly O’Bryan’s – even though it’s not exactly Irish!
We had the Seared Albacore salad and the Veggie Stir Fry with Thai sauce. Not exactly Irish – but it was exactly what I wanted to eat and it hit the spot. We also indulged in the lattice fries – which were awesome with salt and vinegar.
They have a large selection of local beers on tap, which is much appreciated (and very Irish?). The servers (both men and women) wear kilts. Not really Irish – more like Scottish – but way more appropriate than the super short kilt skirts found at some establishments – these were real knee-length kilts.
The atmosphere here is fun and family-friendly. They seem to have a lot of birthday parties – probably because they offer a free meal on your birthday. Be sure to call for a reservation, it was filled up on a Friday night.
They have some interesting historical photos on the walls. The building used to house a bank – they still have the old vault door – don’t know what they keep in there now.
We had a pleasant time, and I would definitely return here next time I make it to Kelowna. And if you are so inclined, after dinner you can walk down the street to the public skating rink – and work off your meal. (Winter only, I presume)