“Poor Service and Overpriced”

Christophers Steak and Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central City
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Poor Service and Overpriced”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

As a born and raised person from Kelowna I would not recomend to dine here. I would of with the original owners. Ordered 4 servings of beef tenderloin all cooked wrong, sent it back and it was still wrong. The restaurant used to be family owned and it used to be very good. I sent a letter to the place recieved no response.

• Visited January 2012

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“My Halibut Was Dry”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The title says it all. Not only was my halibut dry, but the rest of the service was incredibly slow. For a place where the menu items were relatively expensive, I expected a great deal out of this steak and "seafood" restaurant. I'm sorry, but when you have the word "seafood" in your restaurant's name, I certainly expect the seafood to be top notch.

Now, I wouldn't be so jaded about this poor dining experience if it wasn't for the fact that I took my wife there for a romantic celebration. I asked for an intimate table and they stuck us along the side of a wall in front of the actual intimate booths.

The server took forever to take our drink order when we sat down (we waited for at least 10 minutes for him to come around to start us off with a glass of water) and he took even longer to take the order for our entrees. He also didn't seem to give a care in the world that my wife and I chose Christopher's Steak and "Seafood" Restaurant as the location for our wonderful night of celebration.

Overall: slow service, expensive food (that's subpar at best), and my halibut was dry. REALLY dry.

• Visited February 2012
“Bad all the way around!! Yuck!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Traveling through salt lake with the family. Christophers was recommended by our hotel as a great steak house for dinner. Place was empty on a Saturday night, chilled shrimp came out warm , stale box croutons on the salads , beyond horrible service!! For only having 3 tables full in the entire place he should have been at our table more than every 25 min, could hear the staff laughing and playing around on the back. I will say that when we complained to the manager he did remove the shrimp and entrees from our bill but funny thing is when I mentioned we were Del Friscos people the manager from Texas claimed to not know what that steak house was?? I told him to google but I guess that's what you get if your last job was at the tire barn! Never go back!!

“Sorry, doesn't cut it”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

As a local, I cannot recommend this to Kelowna visitors. Although we heard renovations had occurred, we could not find any remote evidence of this. Upon seating, I found my chair cushion had broken through the frame, leaving me looking up at my dinner companions. I went looking for a second chair, brought it over, leaned back, and discovered the back was broken. I went looking for a third chair and finally met with modest success. Our experience was similar to most of the other reviews. It was generally a lousy dining experience and the prices are too high for the casual service and dated grunge decor. Surprisingly, the seafood dishes were quite acceptable.

Kelowna, Canada
“Too expensive”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I found this to be expensive for what you get and I have had better service.They are very slow.
However the staff is very friendly

• Visited August 2012