“If Bread's Your Thing”

Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Kelowna
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central City
Description: We are a Artisan Bakery Café Restaurant serving up fresh made sandwiches salads and soups. All our pastries, breads soups are made in-house by Artisan bakers and red seal chefs. The owners, Mike and Dan the owners are 5 th generation bakers. Come taste the difference 5 generations makes.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

When visiting Kelowna we pop into this downtown bakery and restaurant for loaves of whole wheat but we also stop for lunch - excellent sandwiches and bakery items plus coffee, tea and other beverages. It's not fancy but its devotees don't care. It can get busy around lunch time. There are outside tables or just grab a sandwich and walk the block or so to the beach. It's a little gem outsiders may not know about.

Dano888, Owner at The Bread Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thanks for your great feedback. Its a long way to Jersey but.....
Come back again soon. Well be here.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Came here for breakfast - Had the banana and walnut pancakes, hubby had the standard eggs and bacon. It was delicious. My only complaint is that you sit down with your coffee and have to wait a while before the food comes out. I was done my coffee while waiting!! Next time, I'll either nurse it more, or get back up later and get myself a second coffee to have with my food...

Sorry you had to wait for your coffee , I will be monitoring this but glad your breaky was so satisfying. Its hard to nurse it down slowly when its great tasting coffee though.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

It was lucky that we chose this place for lunch, it was just a random selection in the downtown core. Their prices are reasonable and the food was delicious and very well portioned. I had the strawberry chicken salad and it was the second best salad I have had in my life, the best was in paris, so that's a pretty high acolade. The rest of the menu looked equally appealing, and they have tons of amazing deserts there. I absolutely recommend this place for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Wow , that really does make us look good with a comparison like that.
Thx for the great review.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

In June I found the Italian sandwich to be much overpriced and overrated.

This time it was much better. Instead of one miserly slice of prosciutto, I found six. This sandwich is now worthy of the name 'Italian'. The cucumber was sliced thin, which I much prefer to the large chunks I found in June.

We also had the single pastrami sandwich on gluten-free bread, the best in town. But they refused to sell us a loaf. Why??

Nice selection of gluten-free patisserie. Coffee is still mediocre in spite of Dano's claim of high-quality beans. Gio Bean and Valoroso are much better bets.

3  Thank FlyingDutchman_12

Thx for the update. We haven't changed a thing on our Italian connection and with the updated thumbs up for the sandwich makes me wonder if someone errored on our end and shorted the prosciutto on your sandwich.
Not sure why they wouldn't have sold you the paleo bread but it is sold regularly in our store.
Thanks again for the updated feedback. It helps us stay #1

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stopped in for a quick lunch and ordered an Italian Connection with a coke and I wasn't disappointed.

Dano888, Owner at The Bread Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Wow ,A perfect 5! we thank you!