“Great location, great food”
Review of Smack DAB

Smack DAB
Reserve with OpenTable
Smack DAB is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 626 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Cross street: Lakeshore & Cook
Description: Smack DAB is a lively kitchen and bar located in the heart of Manteo Resort on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Open daily for buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks. Smack DAB is as perfect for a quick beer after work as it is for an amazing dinner on Kelowna’s largest lakeside patio. Smack DAB, offers premium casual dining. Sit in a booth and watch our Smack DAB chefs prepare your favorite item from our forno oven & open concept kitchen area. The room is designed to take full advantage of the incredible lake views from the restaurant and bar, private dining room, and outdoor patio. Large folding glass doors allow for an open-air environment in the summer months. We are equally serious about our suds as we are about our food. We offer Kelowna’s largest selection of craft beer.
Toronto
“Great location, great food”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at Manteo for 3 nights and had several meals at Smack Dab. The patio is awesome, menu has a great selection of food and everything we tried was excellent. Chicken soup is so yummy with fresh vegetables that are cooked perfectly. Prawn tacos were excellent, shared this dish and was very filling. Crispy Beef and prawn salad was delish. My husband had the salmon last night and it was excellent. The meat and cheese board was great to share while enjoying some wine and is served with warmed olives. We had the breakfast buffet one morning which was great value. I wasn't expecting the restaurant to be this good. We opted out of going into town to just stay here and enjoy the view and stay put. Would definitely come back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TorontoOntariomama

Sunshine Coast, Canada
“Excellent Food and really accommodating staff”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stopped in here last minute for lunch on a Saturday. As a party of 8 (with 2 kids) and no reservation, we did not expect to get a table. The front desk staff and wait staff were very polite, sat us immediately and offered high chairs and to put the baby buggy out of the way.

Our food was great. My Korean tacos were flavourful and fresh, my parter loved his fish tacos, and someone else had the phad Thai which was passed around to share. Drinks were excellent, and the staff was attentive.

I usually make reservations for parties of 4 or more, especially during high seasons. It puzzles me so much to see bad reviews by people who walk in and demand tables for big groups with no reservation. What do you expect? I thought the staff was gracious and accommodating. We were also staying at the hotel, but as some people seem to think from their reviews, they should deserve special treatment.....ummmmm Noooooooo.

I would recommend this restaurant, call ahead for a reservation, and enjoy the lovely food and atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank bnohr
Kelowna, Canada
“"Smacked" silly!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Too many excuses for long wait, and sub standard service from all staff "team" members. Protein in the tacos, (prawns and Korean ribs, very bland and all the fresh veggies and sauces in the tacos didn't enhance flavors at all as expected. And did I mention my it's our Mom and Dad's 50 wedding anniversary?

Visited July 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good food, good service, and a great patio!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The location is really nice - right on the water with a huge, lounge-style patio outside. The tables are a bit on the small side outdoors but are great for sharing drinks with friends before or after your meal.

I've had the pesto chicken pizza there with both the gluten-free and the regular crust and both times it was great! No taste difference which is rare with gluten-free stuff.
Their crazy fries are interesting - good flavour, but they taste stale. I think they fry them more so they don't get soggy with all the sauce that is on them, and it works but be prepared for a little bit of a different taste. Not a negative, just different than you would expect.

Their peanut-butter ice cream sundae with peanut brittle is awesome! Share it though, it's creamy and there is a lot.

All in all, in a few visits there I like it, and that's why I keep going back. Try it out!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank aHUBbusiness
Edmonton, Canada
“Great food at one of the craft beer leaders in Kelowna”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were drawn to it by the beer list and its prime location on the waterfront. The patio at El Dorado and the previous patio at this location, Wild Apple, were better due to the open air (this place is enclosed by glass) - but overall Smack Dab was an excellent experience.

Service was friendly and had a good flow to it, in terms of timing, conversation, and recommendations. The beer list was one of the best in the area and our waiter had a good knowledge of it to match wits with my beer enthusiast self. I had an excellent pesto chicken pizza which was cooked well, had a good topping distribution, and was a fairly large portion size. My fiance had mussels which she enjoyed and was also a hearty serving. The tomato soup & grilled cheese appetizer was delicious comfort food and not too greasy.

After dinner, the restaurant is on the boardwalk for a nice - albeit short - lakeside walk, or the beginning of Gyro Beach isn't too far either.

I think I preferred Wild Apple's food slightly but the beer list makes Smack Dab every bit as enjoyable as its predecessor.

Visited July 2014