“Great food at one of the craft beer leaders in Kelowna”
Review of Smack DAB

Smack DAB
Reserve with OpenTable
Smack DAB is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 654 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Cross street: Lakeshore & Cook
Description: Smack DAB is a lively kitchen and bar located in the heart of Manteo Resort on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Open daily for buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks. Smack DAB is as perfect for a quick beer after work as it is for an amazing dinner on Kelowna’s largest lakeside patio. Smack DAB, offers premium casual dining. Sit in a booth and watch our Smack DAB chefs prepare your favorite item from our forno oven & open concept kitchen area. The room is designed to take full advantage of the incredible lake views from the restaurant and bar, private dining room, and outdoor patio. Large folding glass doors allow for an open-air environment in the summer months. We are equally serious about our suds as we are about our food. We offer Kelowna’s largest selection of craft beer.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were drawn to it by the beer list and its prime location on the waterfront. The patio at El Dorado and the previous patio at this location, Wild Apple, were better due to the open air (this place is enclosed by glass) - but overall Smack Dab was an excellent experience.

Service was friendly and had a good flow to it, in terms of timing, conversation, and recommendations. The beer list was one of the best in the area and our waiter had a good knowledge of it to match wits with my beer enthusiast self. I had an excellent pesto chicken pizza which was cooked well, had a good topping distribution, and was a fairly large portion size. My fiance had mussels which she enjoyed and was also a hearty serving. The tomato soup & grilled cheese appetizer was delicious comfort food and not too greasy.

After dinner, the restaurant is on the boardwalk for a nice - albeit short - lakeside walk, or the beginning of Gyro Beach isn't too far either.

I think I preferred Wild Apple's food slightly but the beer list makes Smack Dab every bit as enjoyable as its predecessor.

1  Thank ryanm_edmonton

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Breakfast buffet was cheap but good! Full menu from 11am to 10pm with lots of variety. Even when busy our take out orders were quick!

1  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Nice variety in the menu and the food was really good. We shared the mussels which were plentiful, then we shared the pepperoni and cheese pizza which was really nice with a very thin crust and not greasy pepperoni. They have a large patio overlooking the water so the ambiance is second to none. We will be back for sure.

1  Thank 1260JJ
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Wow, what a review by Nikki 376. We've had lunch there a few times, and have no complaints, except I don't like plastic water glasses. Even though they use them on the patio, I still prefer glass, not plastic. I had my usual salad, and my husband tried the ribs for the first time - excellent, great flavour and a good portion of ribs. Service was friendly and fairly fast.

1  Thank Elli20
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Wow, the view from the patio is amazing, but getting a glass of water with lip stick on it not good. Hair in the fries horrible. Watching a young family try to clean up the broken glass while a server walks by and wait until another server comes by about 5 minutes later is unreal! I cancelled my order of fries so I did not have to pay for them, but all my friends and I got was a reluctant sorry, we will try better next time. Sorry, no next time for me.