“Disappointment”
Review of Smack DAB

Smack DAB
Reserve with OpenTable
Smack DAB is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 654 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Cross street: Lakeshore & Cook
Description: Smack DAB is a lively kitchen and bar located in the heart of Manteo Resort on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Open daily for buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks. Smack DAB is as perfect for a quick beer after work as it is for an amazing dinner on Kelowna’s largest lakeside patio. Smack DAB, offers premium casual dining. Sit in a booth and watch our Smack DAB chefs prepare your favorite item from our forno oven & open concept kitchen area. The room is designed to take full advantage of the incredible lake views from the restaurant and bar, private dining room, and outdoor patio. Large folding glass doors allow for an open-air environment in the summer months. We are equally serious about our suds as we are about our food. We offer Kelowna’s largest selection of craft beer.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've never written a restaurant review before, but I feel people should be warned of Smack Dab. I was excited about a new restaurant in the area, but my excitement was short lived. It's way too loud with ridiculously tacky decor. We were big fans of Wild Apple. Smack Dab, on the other hand, is extremely overpriced, with sub-par food and crappy service. My burger was very overdone (felt like eating leather), and when I asked our server to take it back, she said it was against their policy. What kind of restaurant won't correct their mistakes? An $18 mistake at that.

My husband had a pizza that was also way overpriced, and something we could have easily made at home. Very bland, zero spice to it. We had a good bottle of wine, but it was marked up way too far above retail price.

This restaurant won't survive unless they make some changes in both the kitchen and service. I would never recommend Smack Dab to anyone. Waste of time and money.

3  Thank ejugnau

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Smack Dab is a breath of fresh air for not only Manteo Resort but also the Mission!!
Great food and a fun atmosphere!!
Wicked selection of Craft Brews!!
I say R.I.P. Wild Apple!!
Long Live Smack Dab!!!!

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Not that great food wise. We had a table of 5 for lunch. None of us were thrilled. Pizza was not that great we ordered two current pizza s that tasted pretty much the same.I asked for an ingredient on my pizza to be alerted, server said chefs don't alter the dishes for guests. I won't eat at a restaurant that cares more about their convenience instead of the customers. Probably won't go back again. This was second visit. I always give restaurants benefit of doubt and try again before I truly have an opinion. Twice now..nothing special.

1  Thank Paulie84
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The short ribs were amazing and cooked perfectly. Wonton Prawns a delight, and the fish Tacones were super tasty. The server was very knowledgeable and very friendly. This is a great place to go with friends and try a great selection of cold beers.

We are Excited for Smack Dab summer patio! It will be a great hot spot to go with friends and your out of town visitors. The perfect location to enjoy their cold flights of beer selections or pick your favourite wine to sit back, relax, and soak up the view. A

We love that Manteo is trying something new and excited to have a Gastro Pub in Kelowna!

Who wouldn't want to enjoy the best short ribs in town or the perfectly cooked wonton prawns with a 20oz cold beer or your favourite wine?

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was the first time we have eaten here. What a pleasant surprise to have such a good meal and such a good experience. The food was delicious...first time I've had onion soup that was really a proper onion soup in a very long time, the salad was great, and my husband loved his lunch as well. The service was very good (the waitress had a great sense of humour), and it was a pleasant' casual and relaxed atmosphere in which to dine. We will definitely go back. (We didn't need to use it this time, but the children's menu looks better than most.)