“One of Kelowna's best always!”
Review of The Yellow House Resaurant - CLOSED

The Yellow House Resaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I really enjoy this restaurant each time we visit and we usually go for special occasions here and there. A bit pricey on drinks and menu items but very good quality food makes it worth it each time. What I would like to see is some drink specials on beer etc to entice me to come in more often. Thanks Y.H. and look forward to going there again in a couple days.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Visiting Kelowna for Wine Festival, we made a point of reserving a table for two at The Yellow House Restaurant and we are so pleased we did. After a day spent traipsing about beautiful vineyards, it was good to step into this cozy heritage home, sit down and relax in the inviting candle-glow of a charming table. Tara and Darren are affable hosts. We dressed up a little, but there is no expectation about this. Come as you are and be comfortable. And be prepared to spend a few minutes poring over a comprehensive menu whose offerings are varied and mouth-watering. To start, we shared warm bread and a crisp heart of Romaine Caesar that fairly burst with robust flavour. Eager for hearty fare this evening I opted for the tender (would you like that mild, medium or spicey) chicken curry tagliatelle while Debbie chose the Steelhead Trout with lush blueberries and five fresh organic vegetables. Wow! We savoured each mouthful, enjoyed a little philosophy and humour with Darren and Tara, and concluded with soothing peppermint tea and an amoretto creme brule smooth as a Crosby, Stills and Nash harmony. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

bobbiThis restaurant was recommended to us by a server at another restaurant who used to work at the Yellow house Restaurant. The 4 us decided to go . The food, presentation, ambience, hospitality and customer service was just outstanding. Darren and Tara are to be commended for there attentiveness and friendliness. We all had different entres and each was outstanding in its own right. If you have not gone to this restaurant you are really missing a culinary experience. Ted, Phyllis, Ron and Bobbi

1  Thank Heights82
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stopped into the Yellow House Restaurant for a fabulous dinner.
Our steaks were prepared just right and the presentation was beautiful. I had the soup (Cheddar Cheese, bacon) very tasty and my wife had the ceasar, Her comment was that it was a very good salad with an awesome home made dressing.
The 7 Deady Zins Wine was an excellant compliment to our meals.
The owner Darren was our server and he took excellant care serving us.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I absolutely thoroughly enjoyed my Friday night dinner here. Perfect weather, so we were on the patio, which is so very full of ambiance. The charming service was more than splendid and the first thing served was a beautiful glass of ice water with a floating cranberry in it. I had the beef tenderloin with seasonal vegetables. Very delicious and I easily could have had only a plate of the veggies (probably about 5 different ones) as they were amazingly good. My husband had the lamb and it was beautiful. You have your choice of potatoes or rice, and I would recommend the scalloped potatoes. The evening progressed with live music and was a beautiful end to a perfect meal. I would definitely, most definitely dine here again.