“Fast, cheap, delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mad Mango Cafe
Ranked #41 of 610 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Cafe, Asian, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fast, cheap, delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We are fairly new to Kelowna and are working our way through the local favorites. I can see why several locals have recommended this place.

It's small, not a lot of seating space, and the furniture is saggy and shabby. Very reminiscent of the small family-run restaurants we frequented so often in our old haunts off Main Street in Vancouver. But the lineup is telling....the food is DELICIOUS. Wonderful flavours in the curries, soups, and other dishes we sampled. Our server was very good at explaining how we could customize the menu to our liking, and our dishes arrived quickly, steaming hot.

We will return....for takeout and quick lunches in our busy days.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sharimck

“Affordable good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I love it here, everything on there menu is good and very inexpensive. For breakfast I have to the roti pata (which is a pancake) or the breakfast bagel, sometime even both. The beef vermicelli bowl and the laksa are my favorite for lunch. You get get the onion pancake to dip in your laks, so good! The pho is also good, I like to ask to have vegetables put in, I think it is a dollar extra but still a good deal. Two can easily dine here for under $20. The mad mango smoothie is good too. The service is great, the owner is always there making sure everything runs smoothly.

• Visited April 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Asian fusion cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Mad mango is always crowded but leave your name and wander around for a few minutes. Well worth the wait. We ordered laksa and Malaysian prawn curry - all delicious and really good value. Your lunch spot of choice downtown!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank M_and_M006
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great, fast lunch option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Mad Mango Cafe is right on the main drag in downtown Kelowna. It's lunch (or breakfast...served all day) is very inexpensive and very quick. The food is above average. Get there early if you want a table! This is a fun, cheap meal in Kelowna.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Helix88
Kelowna, Canada
“Not my first time, certainly my last”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I will say that I have eaten at Mad Mango a few times and haven't been disappointed. Their food is mostly consistent, the portions are great and the price is right.
However, I was there on Valentine's Day with a friend. It was the usual super busy noon hour traffic. We sat down, ordered, got our food 5 minutes apart, and then ate. I ordered the seafood pho and it was average. No limes or cilantro to go in it, I had added veggies and soy sauce. The prawns had obviously been frozen (which is fine) but they were mushy on the head end. Like, almost not palatable.
And then the fly in my soup floated to the top. It was crispy, had obviously been cooked with the rest of my soup. When I told our server he totally apologized, and came back to tell me that it had probably been in the bean sprouts. I'm 100% sure bean sprouts are supposed to be really well rinsed before you serve them, and this little bugger would have come out had they rinsed them.
They were super courteous about it, and I didn't have to pay for my soup. I just wish it had never happened because their Laksa is pretty awesome.

• Visited February 2014