“Great Italian”

La Bussola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bussola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 647 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Kelowna, La Bussola is perfect for families, entertaining clients, large group function, or simply enjoying an evening out. With over 950 wines to choose from, La Bussola holds the largest selection of sought after BC wines as well as the most extensive Italian selections in British Columbia. A family business since 1974, La Bussola is minutes away from Prospera Place Arena, Rotary Center for the Arts, Kelowna Community Theater and walking distance from the Delta Grand Hotel.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This restaurent has great wine, delicious gluten free options, warm, cosy atmosphere, excellent service, and fabulous desserts

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Savoury cuisine dished up by a team that truely has an understanding of the tastes of Italy. You can tell this little Ma and Pa operation has stuck to their roots. Unparalleled wine list with 30+ pages of local and international flavors, and well educated sommeliers to walk you through them. Thank you for making our date night memorable!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Wow. All I can say is wow. The food in this restaurant is the best, hands down. I've never had veal that went so well with a Parmesan sauce, clearly the chef knew what they were doing. The food is so authentic that you know just by eating the food that the chef came from Italy.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was amazing! You could feel the romance in the air.

The service made the meal. Our server was prompt, friendly, and just an excellent fellow. You could tell from his friendly demeanor and his slicked back gray hair that he has been in this business for a long time. He made me and my husband feel truly welcome with his conversation.

All I can say is wow.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I went there a few days ago, hungry and tired after a long drive from Vancouver. Food was not good, veal Parmesan lacked flavor, the breading did not adhere to the veal and the sauce was flavorless and skimpy. My Gnocci were also tasteless, sauce was awful, tasted like it came out of a can. The appetizer was bruschetta and it was not good... Four little pieces of baguette with tasteless tomato mix on top. We had to ask for buns while we waited for our meal, they came with no butter. Service was poor and the server was non chalant and cocky. Gordon Ramsay would be shocked if he saw what they serve for the price they charge. As a result of this experience we have a new rule... If the appetizer is bad, RUN!!

2  Thank Lynne M
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I came here for dinner mid week and enjoyed a lovely meal. I had zesty tomato sauce linguini with seafood and he had a chicken parm - both were lovely. The portions sizes are perfect - the quality is very good. We ordered sangiovese which was recommended by our sommelier, we were impressed by the wine service and knowledge of La Bussola's server and sommelier. This is our second time here and we'll be back.