“I would give this another try.”
Review of Bouchons Bistro

Bouchons Bistro
Ranked #2 of 622 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Description: French comfort food served in casual elegant European surroundings. Bouchons is opened every Sunday for the brunch.
Calgary, Canada
“I would give this another try.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Everytime I go to Vegas I always make time for Bouchon bistro because their food and service is PERFECT every time. Naturally when I saw there was a Bouchon Bistro in Kelowna - I had to try it. I had reservations for the patio but I didn't realize when I made the reservations a couple months back that it would be as hot as it was. We asked if they could accommodate us in their dining room instead and they obliged our request. My server did not come around for at least 5 minutes and he served a table that was seated at least 2-3 minutes after us before asking us if we wanted something to drink. I guess I was expecting too much to just get water as soon as I was seated. It was not busy at the time. Another server (unfortunately not mine – noticed that my hat kept falling off my chair and she came over and offered to hang it up for me. That made me feel a bit better about not getting any water. We also had to ask twice for a glass of ginger ale. Then there was the issue of allergies and our server. I ordered their foie gras and specified that it was to share. I only heard foie gras and fig. When it came out – I was about to give some to my husband when I noticed something that looked like a hazel nut. ?! That is another X on my server’s card. I ended up eating the entire plate of foie gras by myself (it was delish so I can't complain but my poor husband could only sit and watch me eat it). Then dinner came out. My husband wanted to try the food on my plate. After the starter incident I had to ask our server again – is our food nut free? He said he would check with the chef. He forgot. 10 minutes go by and I had to waive him down again. “Nuts? Is this food nut free?” “Oh yeah. Sorry I forgot to come tell you. Yes. There are no nuts in your food”. Painful. Our server couldn’t remember what was on the Chef’s Table. He had to read the board to all the other customers he was serving. I think at this point I was just irritated and he could do nothing right in my eyes.

To finish with a positive: The food was excellent. I have nothing bad to say about any of the food that was brought to the table. Perfectly cooked and seasoned to perfection. The frites are exactly how they serve it in Paris. Super crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I rated this a 4 of 5 because I want to believe this is an isolated incident with this server. I would go and try it again but I would definately want a different server.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank travelingcatz

• Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
“Perfect French Bistro”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This lovely little bistro has a all the ambience of being in Old Quebec or Paris . The food, wine and service is wonderful. It's our "go to" restaurant when we want a perfect meal with accompanying frites which are included with the entrees.

• Visited June 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent food, superb service”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Excellent reception of our tourage (8 stagetters), despite our dorky t-shirts and shorts. Beautiful decor and lovely patio. Beef carpaccio with smoked capers was a delight.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Could not fault it!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

OMG we eat out a lot and have high standards, the food in New Zealand is of such great quality North American places can find it hard to match, but not Bouchons. Naturally they had all the french nuances that we don't have (the mini gherkins and dijon mustard side servings were a nice addition to the chicken terrine) but the service was also excellent, wish we had taken the waiters name.
Anyway immediate warm welcome, great advice on the wine, one we had chosen he suggested another and it was exactly what we were looking for. Ended up having to have 3 courses as each was excellent, just had to see it through! My duck was beautiful. Shame the distance will make it difficult to return otherwise this would have become our regular!

Visited July 2014
“My favorite restaurant in the Okanagan”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I wanted to take my mother for a fine dining experience and Bouchons is certainly the place for a one of a kind evening. Delicious food paired with great wine in an upscale bistro. Service was amazing, our waitress was knowledgable and helpful, she really made our night.

• Visited July 2014