“Second time around”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Description: French comfort food served in casual elegant European surroundings. Bouchons is opened every Sunday for the brunch.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The rack of lamb was very good, so was the crime brûlée trio, and service was excellent. This restaurant is better than the one of the same name in Beverly Hills.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We ate here last December 2012 as part of of a birthday celebration. We thought the food portions were small and a little salty. We also thought the prices were just too high for what they were offering. Not sure if this experience was due to the size of our group...

4  Thank kelowna2013
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My girlfriends and I were in Kelowna for a wedding. We had one night to eat out, and decided to go to Bouchons. So glad we did!! Wow! We all went for the chefs special which was incredible! The menu offered a choice of two appys, mains and desserts at a very reasonable price. The wine selection was great as well. If I am ever in Kelowna again I will definitly be back!

1  Thank Angela C
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I wanted to do something a little different for Valentines day and decided on Bouchons after seeing it ranked so high with rave reviews - It was the best meal I have had in Canada.
The menu pricing is higher but for those not wanting to empty their wallets is a great 'Chef's Special' option which is a choice between two different appetizers, mains and desserts.
The hubby and I tried one of each to see how they compared and neither was disappointed, from beautifully cooked Salmon starters to Duck soaked in Spiced Rum and Fish that melted in your mouth with a butter sauce. All mains are served with a fancy cone of 'pommes frites' and for customers with a big appetite we were surprisingly full once dessert came (which was delicious).
You can definitely taste the passion that the chef puts into each dish and the value was amazing for the gourmet delights, the staff were also extremely polite and friendly. Yes, it could of appeared pretentious at the beginning when your seat is pulled out for you to sit on and your napkin is placed on your lap but once you get chatting they are the friendliest servers and the atmosphere was perfect for a romantic dinner.
Can't wait to go back there!

1  Thank ClassyOkanagan
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was in the fine town of Kelowna for a conference this week and had the pleasure of dinning this very excellent restaurant. It was a wonderful dining experience and I could easily eat my way through the menu. I love to cook at home - I love rabbit and thoroughly enjoyed my main of lapin - and scored the recipe which I will look forward to "trying" to re-create back in Collingwood. We were luck to have the fine service of Miss Marie Claude - she treated our group expertly.

Merci Beaucoup! ... à la prochaine