“Great Service...”

Bouchons Bistro
Ranked #2 of 612 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central City
Description: French comfort food served in casual elegant European surroundings. Bouchons is opened every Sunday for the brunch.
Calgary, Canada
“Great Service...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I feel like I may be alone on this, seeing as so many people highly recommended this place, but I was not overly impressed with the food. I can't tell if I feel this way because I unknowingly don't like French food, or if it's just their food, but I've had better duck in Calgary at a place called Open Range. I am not an expert on French food - so don't take my word for it - but I will say I can absolutely identify good food...

I must say their espresso chocolate creme brulee was SO GOOD, as was the service. Sadly though, I would not go back....maybe just for coffee and dessert...

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Angela M

• Korean first
British Columbia, Canada
“Service, Atmosphere, Food is top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is our special occasion restaurant, largely because we feel special when we go to Bouchons. The service is the best (comparable to Bishop's in Vancouver), the atmosphere is buzzing and loud so it feels very alive and warm. And of course the food is amazing. I had the Chicken liver terrine as a starter, the Scallops and Prawns for dinner, and the lemon tart for dessert. They manage to take a common dessert like the lemon tart to a whole new level, where it is like something you've never eaten before. My husband had the rack of lamb and he said it was the best he's ever had. What we like best about Bouchons is that its warm, inviting, and lacks all pretentiousness that you think you would get in a 'french bistro'. There are always so many different types of people from tourists wearing flip flops, to nicely dressed couples for a night out. This restaurant gives off such a welcoming feeling that we love going back.

• Visited September 2012
Kelowna, Canada
“Superb Fine Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The service is great and the food exquisite! I had the grilled beef tenderloin (rare) on a cognac and wild mushroom sauce and my wife enjoyed the preserved duck leg confit glazed with honey and served on an old sherry wine jus. Will definitely return to try more of the menu.

• Visited September 2012
Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

the food and service is the best in Kelowna! Wine list and suggestions are excellent!... Daily chef's table is outstanding and very well priced. Always feel very welcome by Richard and Martine...

Visited August 2012
Vancouver BC
“A small piece of France in Kelowna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a small unassuming restaurant, somewhat removed from the City proper, but well worth seeking out. The menu, wait staff and apparent and ongoing oversight by the owner and his wife (former owners of a popular Vancouver French restaurant for many years) make this a definite must do while in Kelowna. The cuisine is west coast French, with many unique twists on old French favorites, with wonderful options and with eye appeal. While the food is not cheap, you get what you pay for. Fresh ingredients, well prepared and matched with a nice wine list and children friendly options. We sat on the small outdoor patio - while there is nothing to see, it was quite and very pleasant. These are the types of culinary experiences that need to be supported wherever they are found.

Visited August 2012