When we arrived tired and anxious for our bed at 10pm the lobby was full of loud laughter and people. The front desk person took about 5 minutes to even hear that we were at the desk and when he did, he didn't even greet us with a smile. When he told us our room was just a few steps from the lobby, I asked if we could be put in a quieter room. He said they were full and couldn't move us but that he would ask everyone to keep it down after 11pm.
We actually didn't find the lobby noise bad at all - what was bad was the sound of doors closing!! They were EXTREMELY loud. And, with so many people in and out of their rooms that night and at 6am (for an early morning hockey tournament and ball tournament), we only had a four hour window to sleep.
The second night and morning weren't any better. In fact, while trying to prepare for our morning meeting we actually had to call to the front desk (at 8:30am) and ask that they deal with the ball hockey tournament that was taking place outside our room.
The staff was less than friendly or helpful with regards to this noise. And, because we were traveling with our dog ($15/night fee) we were not allowed to move anywhere else in the hotel.
But - the breakfast was great! The rooms have internet for free. The beds are comfortable and the amenities are more than adequate. For the kids the hotel really is great - there is a waterslide and pool.
It's right across from Costco, steps from lots of restaurants and easily accessed from the highway. Like my title said - it's great for groups which there were LOTS of at this hotel for the weekend.
I have a lot of good things but for what amounted to almost $200/night with the dog fees ... I honestly expect to be able to get a quiet night of sleep. And I think the front desk service should have been much better!
I am sure during the week is much better but the door noise will still be bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make our Fairfield Inn & Suites Kelowna your home away from home when visiting Kelowna, British Columbia. Our modern hotel is conveniently located 10 minutes from Kelowna International Airport and near by some of Okanagan Valley's award-winning wineries, Okanagan Lake and the Black Mountain Golf Club. Enjoy complimentary breakfast everyday and our outdoor pool featuring a 4 story waterslide, your kids are sure to love. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Kelowna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Kelowna
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Kelowna Hotel Kelowna
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Kelowna
- Fairfield Inn Kelowna
- Fairfield Kelowna
- Kelowna Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Kelowna Okanagan Valley