“Fairly Fair at Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our family's one night stay here was fairly content, as per the title. The hotel is very easy to find...... just look for the giant red outdoor waterslide 'beacon' in the front of the hotel. The room was new, modern and clean..... although they put us at the end of the hall which I thought was an inconvenience, but turned out great as no one parked their cars here, so we were close to door for luggage in and out. I knew in advance from reading previous reviews that the pool was 'small'..... but nothing prepared me when I walked out to the pool courtyard and it was filled beyond capacity in the +35C heat. The hot tub and pool was bursting at the seams with splashing children having fun. I was lucky to find a spare chairs and table, then sequestered ourselves over in a corner to watch our children race down the 3 storey waterslide. I tried the slide myself...... nice banking turns and speed in final straightaway before plunging into pool! Shower at pool had no hot water is my only complaint, as the cold water was too frigid even in that heat. Morning breakfast area is quite large and they had a good selection of food choices. Waffle maker had plain and strawberry batter.... nice alternative for sure. Staff worked diligently to keep up with guests. We had a very good experience here and would recommend and stay here again ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Excellent property and keeps with marriotts standard for excellence. Close to shopping and restaurants. Very clean and pet friendly. Breakfast included and a good selection of foods. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I just completed a 4 night stay at this hotel after it was recommended by a friend. Overall, we slept well as the beds were comfortable but I was disappointed with many things and will not return here.

We were in room 236 and from the moment we walked into our bathroom, I was repulsed by the smell coming from around the toilet. It reeked of stale urine. The bathroom appeared clean but it smelled horrible. They need to disinfect the toilet and / or put some sort of freshener in the bowl, not just wipe it down. The hotel was sold out so we didn't have the option to change rooms.

The pool was disappointingly small. The water slide is a selling feature but the steps leading up to it reeked. The odour was foul and musty.

On our 3rd evening, after a day outdoors I moved the chair in the room over to the window so I could sit in the sun. I immediately saw garbage and a water bottle under the chair...evidence that housekeeping did not move it, only cleaned around it.

Breakfast is included and is basic. Overall, the corridors were not clean and management needs to pay more attention to these details. I would not stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sophia W
ffi-kelowna, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for your response. I am deeply apologetic for your less than great stay.

By no means are any of the things you came across during your stay normal. I am working with my housekeeping team this week to ensure that no room is left with any kind of scent and that all rooms are being checked thoroughly after the housekeepers before guests occupy them. We are also working on ensuring that our hallways are cleaned regularly.

I am very sorry for the less than satisfactory stay and I hope you will give us another opportunity to change your mind about us.

Liz Klingbell

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed 1 night in June 2014 and it was fine. Very clean and very nice staff. A couple restaurants are close by but it is not near downtown, it's by big box shopping stores towards the north end of Kelowna.

Hot tub was ok but pool is really small. It's more a dip in pool that serves the waterside. Still ok to cool off though and it's heated so it's comfortable on a cooler evening.

Breakfast was standard, nothing super fancy, but had hot stuff, cereal, fruit and boiled eggs. Nice to have breakfast included in the price which makes them competitive to similar hotels, but not a standout per se.

There are nicer hotels at the same price if you don't want the hotel breakfast but this one serves a clean room with quick check in and out, and is quiet at night (in the rooms on the west side away from the road. )

• Stayed: June 2014
ffi-kelowna, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Kelowna; your feedback is truly appreciated.

I am very glad to see that we met your expectations with our staff service, room cleanliness. I am sorry that we were not as close to downtown as you hoped, and that our pool did not meet your expectations.

If you would like to discuss any issues you encountered in greated detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Sarah B.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

The hotel provide a clean room and a central location. It was well kept. Breakfast is ok if you only need a quick bite before starting your stay. Coffee is good. However couple things that I need to mention, the hotel service is not to my expectation. Staff is not very sincere and friendly. Just very cold conversation. Also, the blind in the room is not covering the side of the window, light can come in early in the morning. If you are someone that you can't sleep with light, you better bring eye mask. As I got wake up at 5:30 daily with the sunlight. Overall is still good.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here for one night travelling between Vancouver and our next stop which was Golden, whilst travelling around BC and Alberta. We had a double room which was the most spacious room of all the places we stayed in on our travels. The room was clean, modern, well equipped and comfortable. The bathroom was also very spacious.
The pool outside looked lovely and we would definitely taken advantage of it had we remembered to pack our swim stuff...
The breakfast was good with a reasonable amount of choice and a clean eating and spacious eating area.
The hotel was conveniently located for restaurants and Walmart.
We would stay here again if we were travelling through Kelowna.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back which was a little noisy in the early hours as a result of deliveries to t...