Being a "name" property, I had a fairly good idea of what to expect, but even I was very pleasantly surprised when EVERYTHING turned out to be so first class. Lots of staff, pleasant lobby, fresh-baked cookies, non-scratched elevators, bright and pleasant hallways, etc.
My room had very well-made beds, Samsung HDTV (with HD channels!), fridge, desk area (with lots of plug-ins), 2 phones, easy chair (with ottoman), padded suitcase holder (along with a portable in the closet), iron, and ironing board. There were also two large mirrors (including a full-length one that the ladies would appreciate).
What really impressed me, though, was even when looking closely, there was NO dirt, NO chipped furniture, NO peeling wallpaper, etc. In fact, after I was in the room for about 10 minutes, I got a call from Lexy at the front desk checking how my room was. Needless to say, everything was fine, but how many hotels are confident enough to check with their guests like this?! Needless to say, I was (again) impressed.
Bathroom was very clean with white tiled walls above the tub, a large 6' X 4' mirror and lots of counter space. Like the rest of the room, it was very clean.
For my kids, however, their highlight was the outdoor pool and waterslide. Now, I expected the waterslide to be the typical lame type found in most hotels. Well, this isn't an average hotel. The waterslide went all the way to the fourth floor of the hotel and featured three 270 degree turns (in both directions) before finishing with a monster 450 degree turn as it entered the pool. My 11 and 9 year-olds thought it was a blast (hey, it even scared me a little).
Guests at the hotel seemed split about 60/40 between business and family travellers.
Finally, I can't comment on price (I stayed on points) or the free breakfast (we slept in late during our stay), but there is a Tim Horton's one block away along with several restaurants in the immediate area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make our Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna your home away from home when visiting Kelowna, British Columbia. Our modern hotel in Kelowna, Canada is conveniently located 10 minutes from Kelowna International Airport and near by some of Okanagan Valley's award-winning wineries, Okanagan Lake and the Black Mountain Golf Club. Enjoy complimentary breakfast everyday and our outdoor pool featuring a 4 story waterslide, your kids are sure to love. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Kelowna
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Kelowna Hotel Kelowna
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Kelowna
- Fairfield Inn Kelowna
- Fairfield Kelowna
- Kelowna Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Kelowna Okanagan Valley