“Great Value, Convenient Location, Friendly Helpful Staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Value, Convenient Location, Friendly Helpful Staff”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a great property for family and business travellers. They provide complimentary breakfast, wifi, parking, and access to a business area for printing off last minute documents. Although it is located on the main highway, Hwy 97 but you don't notice the noise. They added a new part to the hotel towards the backside but I found that a little noisy with the container shipments or possibly exterior construction (unrelated to the hotel). The rooms are of average size, clean and well appointed. The fridge is great for chilling the wine or fruits you pick up since it is in the Okanagan, wine country. For the lady travellers, they also provide make up remover in addition to the basic shampoo, conditioner and lotion. There are many delicious restaurants nearby. My favourites are Joey's across the street. In the same complex there is also Hoang Gia for Vietnamese and Japanese food. On the same side as the hotel, there are Cactus Club, Eastside Marios, and McDonald's located inside the Walmart. All are within 5 minutes walking distance. There is definately no shortage of good restaurants nearby. It is about 7 minutes to the airport and it looks like they offer a shuttle service too (although I did not use it). Friendly and helpful staff. For families, make sure you try out the big red waterslide! Also, there are some family activities as you drive towards the airport: go kart, lazer tag, and mini golf. Highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: It is a long hotel layout. If you don't want to be walking a lot, ask for a room that is not to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank activeblossom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
iflyalotornot
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Friendly staff, rooms are a bit on on the small side. Wifi not working in the room and called front desk, the internet repair person no showed that day so no wifi. Disappointing as no concession was made to make up for the wifi. If I was an overseas or US mobile phone with no cell reception I would have been more upset that what i was. Relied on my cell 3G reception. We were in room 423, value is OK, I'm a loyal Marriott customer, elite, Fairfield Inn's are hit and miss, I would stay here again if in a pinch.

Front desk was helpful, when I checked in on Yelp I was told I would get a check in gift, the front desk didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Since I was leaving for dinner I told them they had some time before I returned to get me my welcome gift. Consisted of a bottle of water and candy bar. Overall the staff was the best thing about this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just a basic, well-priced, very comfortable hotel. Staff was friendly, the place is clean, and the rooms are quiet and comfortable. They let me check in very early too which was nice. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms seemed well insulated, rendering any noise out in the hall to a dull murmur. Wireless is adequate though you do need to sign in again each day. Bathroom is basic and the bathtub itself is surprisingly low and shallow...to save water perhaps? Could be very hard to get in and out of for older people. Only real niggle was that the fridge in the room was a bit noisy at night and you could hear the constant trickle of water coming from it. I didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that. I also had very early appointments each day I was in town so I didn't get to take advantage of the free breakfast...it would be nice if they opened at 6 instead of 7. Location is a pretty subjective measure and whether it's convenient or not depends on what your plans are but it's right on the highway and easily accessible. Good value for money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drsOsaka_Japan
greenwood bc
Reviewed January 12, 2013

stayed overnight after spending 7 days in disneyland at the ramanda was so nice after the rotton room service in disneyland rooms were clean and well stocked ordered a crib for the baby and they even made it up for us sheets blankets etc excellent breakfast very helpful staff and they were always in a good mood

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marilyn r
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family usually stays at the Fairfield Inn & Suites when we go to Kelowna. We get awesome service, my daughter loves the kids goody bag she gets when we go there. They have the BEST breakfast served!! If we ever have any issues they are dealt with immediately. The Staff is beyond the best!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jody S
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel is very clean and elegant looking. The bed was very comfy and I enjoyed my stay there. Would recommend this hotel to everyone. Very spacious and friendly hotel employees. The price wasent bad either. It is located around many shopping places and very convenient to get around.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank karendhaliwal
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were looking at 'motel' type places to stay because we had a 60lb dog, but we were pleasantly surprised.
It was rated 'high' on a dog travelers website for American travelers.
When I called enroute to Kelowna, I told them my dog was a medium size and they didn't seem at all concerned. I ask what their rates were and they were very happy to give us the best rate (ask for AAA/CAA rates).
I didn't realize they are a Marriott! So, I signed up for a membership and started to collect points.
On arrival, they had a doggy goody bag! Treats, a toy, poop bags and a collapsible water dish. Bonus!
Bed was firm and comfy. Bathroom big. Everything was spotlessly clean and I loved having a fridge in the room.
The rate included breakfast: cereal, omlettes and Waffles.
Sorry, I didn't use the four story waterslide and pool.
Staff were awesome. I will book here again.

• Stayed December 2012