“Good Hotel but Overprice Like the rest of the Hotels in Kelowna”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Pros: Best Breakfast and great Staff. Great location. Good rooms and pet friendly.

Cons: Slow internet in Business Centre needs to be upgraded.
Like all properties in Kelowna Over priced in the Summer People need to avoid this place until prices are more inline with other locations

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank birtleman

Reviewed July 22, 2011

During our round trip through British Colombia we stayed for 1 night in the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kelowna and it was a very pleasant stay.
Very nice people, breakfast was very good, the pool was to small.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Second stay here - last one about a year ago. No problems then. This time however I felt cheated - the room was shabby, there was a funky smell in the hallway, we asked to use the shuttle to got to Mission Hill for dinner and were declined AND most of all - the hot tub and pool area was a mess. The temperature in the hot tub was WAY too cool and the jets were not working so I got out of it pretty quickly...minutes later a "Closed" sign is put up by the steps. Two individuals, possibly the manager and maintenance guy, confer at length. Maintenance is seen putting a liquid substance ? bleach into the hot tub. Is that gross or what? There had been an older couple and a bunch of kids in there earlier so who knows how long they had been sitting in icky water. The pool is ridiculously small for the size of the hotel as well.
If I had paid $100 for this nights stay - I might have shrugged off the problems but Kelowna fancies itself as a destination and like all BC hotels is not cheap. We had two rooms and paid well over $400 combined. Therefore the poor value for money irked me...

Good things - the breakfast was decent and the front desk staff friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank PicaPica60
ffi-kelowna, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Our hotel is only four years old and we maintain our guests rooms on a daily basis. None of our rooms are shabby and are well appointed and extremely clean in line with our Marriott standards. If you had a specific problem with your room please contact us and we would be pleased to rectify the situation. As for a funky smell in the hallway I do not know what this could have been, our hallways are cleaned daily and any odors are treated immediately.

In regard to your comments about our Hot Tub - the temperature is monitored several times a day as well as the chemical balance is also checked several times a day. If our maintenance department feels that the chemicals are not exactly in balance they will close the hot tub or pool and ensure they are balanced correctly. Hot tub and pool chemical balance are affected by the number of people using them, the body lotions that people use, and of course the sun, which is why we do check the balance regulary. If we closed the Hot Tub it was to balance the chemicals - we do use liquid chlorine for pool maintenance as it circulates quickly and allows us to reopen our facilities much sooner.
As for the Hot Tub jets, there is a controller on the wall beside the Hot Tub which will activiate the jets this controller has signage outlining it;s use.

As for the value of our hotel we are priced competitively with the hotels in our area for our summer season.

Our hotel standards have not changed since your visit 1 year ago when you were satisfied with your stay.

We would ask that all guests bring any concerns they have to our managers during their stay when any issues can be resolved immediately.
Gail James

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Very friendly service at check-in. Great size room with very comfortable bed. The furniture seems to be pretty new so everything is in great shape. Cool waterslide! Overall, our experience at the Fairfield Inn in Kelowna was very positive.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I made reservations a few days in advance at this Fairfield Inn because they said they were pet friendly. I made the reservation for the 2 of us and our 2 small terriors. We had reserved what apeared to be a nice room on the top floor. Upon arrival I checked us in as the 2 of us and 2 small terriors. We were staying for 3 nights. Went to car with luggage carrier, returned thru lobby and were stopped from going up on the elevator when they saw our 2 small terriors. They quickly rushed us to the desk and pigeon-holed us into an awkward room on the main floor. We were quite embarrassed. It was a very uncomfortable and a difficult way to start our 3-day on our first trip to Kelowna.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
ffi-kelowna, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Our hotel is Pet Friendly and our material on our website also advises that we are pet friendly and guests travelling with pets will be assigned rooms on our first floor.
As we have many guests who have allergies and cannot stay in rooms that were previously occupied by guests with pets we accomodate all guests by ensuring that we can assure guests with allergies that they are staying a room that has not had pets in it.
Also the first floor is used for pets as it has quick access to take your pets outside for their walks.
The first floor rooms are identical to rooms on the other 3 floors of the hotel, in fact they have higher ceilings that the 2rd, 3rd & 4th floors.
I apologize that you feel slighted but had our Front Office Associates known you were travellling with your pets they would have advised you immediately at check in that only our first floor is pet friendly.
Gail James

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I booked a trip to Kelowna through Expedia for a business trip/event. The day before I was due to leave the event was cancelled. I called the Marriott and they said no problem but as I had booked though Expedia I would need to contact them also. The manager at the Marriott (Liz) gave me her contact info and said to tell Expedia the Marriott would not be billing for my room and to call her if they needed confirmation.

I called Expedia but all I got was someone quoting the rulebook and telling me I could not get a refund (full or partial). I called Liz back at the Marriott and said I had no luck. She said "but that's $1000 dollars - that's not right" She said she would follow up and see what she could do.

I got a call from Expedia 15 minutes later offering a full refund. Yea, Liz!!

I had booked the Marriott Kelowna as I had stayed there previously and had a great stay; clean rooms, great beds and excellent breakfast. With that and people like Liz, I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Fantastic hotel; clean & quiet rooms; comfortable beds and pillows, friendly staff, tasty breakfast (just missing variety of fruits)...
Only thing that was missing was a fan in the bathroom - hot showers - steamy room.
Will stay there again, absolutely!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends