“Disappointment with management.....”

Howard Johnson Kelowna
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would like to report a deplorable situation that happened last Saturday night.I had made a reservation to stay at Howard Johnson situated @2639 97 Hwy N, Kelowna,BC.

While traveling to Kelowna I got stuck in a terrible snow storm .I tried to cancel my reservation and was told that I was going to be billed in full .I decided to continue on and arrive to the hotel in Kelowna at approximate 23:00 .

To my great surprise I was told that my reservation was cancelled and I would have to make a new one . After a long discussion I was told that my reservation (which was paid in full )would be respected . I was then asked for a $ 200 deposit ! After another long discussion I was told that there was no other option . 2 of my credit cards were declined and I was told that they would do me a ''favour'' and accept a $ 200 cash deposit ...which I got from one of the cards that was declined ...I finally checked in at midnight....

To my horrendous surprise I found dirty and smelly hallways and a room where there was not a total of $ 200 of value ! Smell of smoking would actually be welcomed ! Being extremely tired after such an exhausting trip I,I decided to stay anyways.Unfortunately , I got woken up at 3:00 AM by a loud party on my floor .I called front desk and got no answer .This continued until 6:00 AM when the noisy group finally decided to check out .At this moment I finally reached the front desk where the person in charge told me ''Look buddy we already had a problem with you at check in '' .I have NEVER been spoken like this in ANY hotel in the more than 80 countries I have visited in my life .I went down to complain person , where I found a locked door . then called the front desk to compali again and was told to wait until 7:30 AM until th lobby opened !!!

While waiting for the lobby to open I received a visit from the Police , who I thought were called in because of the raucous of the party ,but to my great surprise they were called in by the rude front desk woman in order to evict me !!

I have never ,ever been so humiliated in my whole life. Even though this Howard Johnson is a disgraceful,dirt,smelly over priced ''hotel'' , that throws out a guest because he complains of not having been able to get a shut eye of sleep . Keep away !!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Philippe J
Christina Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have stayed at this Howard Johnson a number of times when we overnight it in Kelowna. Rooms have been renovated & have all the amenities you'll need. Nice breakfast included. Friendly management. Even when we have had a street facing room, the traffic noise quiets down at night so that is not a problem. Having the Park & Fly is a great convenience & cost saver. Shuttles to the airport can be arranged for $18 from LetsGoTransportion.ca.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple