“A+ Motel”

Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Bermuda
“A+ Motel”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Off busy 97N highway we found place a little hard to locate after pre-booking with local tourism office. Once in room we were very happy we persevered. The staff member who booked us in had only JUST started work there so was a little unsure of herself but was very friendly and made us feel at home. The room was a decent size, beds were comfy (firm) , plenty of linens and a fridge is always nice when on a road trip. The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast that was typical - ok and got us started. The hotel manageress was very helpful too going out of her way to assist us with our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The place looks very run down and the management was not very friendly. The "motel" is on a busy highway so the room was quite noisy during the night. The management was blunt and unfriendly.....she would not even accommodate me to call her back in a few minutes to update her of my license plate. I have to run out of the building and give her the license plate number right away on check in!

The free breakfast was ok but the room was small which seat around 20 people. At the time I was there having breakfast, there were 3 management staff in the small room kind of watching the guests, more like monitoring! What a horrible experience!

One guest took some juice out of the fridge by mistake when there was some in a juice fountain. The owner/manager questioned why he took the juice from the fridge in a very unfriendly tone.

I believed this motel was very overpriced!

Overall, I would never go back to this motel or any Howard Johnson.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We booked a room for one night and when we went into the room it was recently renovated with laminated floors and new tiles in bathroom and countertop. Very clean but the air conditioner wasn't working properly. So we were moved to another room. Room had basics and moderately furnished.
The breakfast room is small but has cold cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, coffee, and juice. Plenty for us, but was a busy room. The breakfast room wasn't open until 7:30am. would have been nice if it was open at 7am for the early risers and travellers that want to get on the road. Also the guy that was making waffles had to check us out. Overall it was an all right stay for one night.

Edson, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

we booked this place blindly on hotwire.com knowing it was a 2-star hotel. it certainly isn't more than that. it is old and run down. certain reviews say they've done reno's, but our room had only a renovated bathroom. it was small but nice. the rest of the room was decorated 80's style and just old looking, but clean. the hallway smelled stongly of old men's cologne. the complimentary breakfast wasn't worth eating - some dried bread and cereal. hotel prices are high in kelowna but i think we paid too much for the quality of the hotel

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed August 20, 2012

we arrived quite late thursday night from Calgary. We were greated warmly and were given our room key. We entered our room and were plesantly surprised. We were greated by a clean and inviting room. We had a king sized bed, which worked out great for us as my self, my husband and my daughter were able to share the bed no problem; no need to use her playpen. The room had a fridge and a microwave. We did use the fridge for my daughters milk and froze water bottles for our cooler. The bathroom was clean and the sink was in the main room which was nice as we were there for a wedding and I was able to do my hair/make up while my husband was showering. The a/c worked amazing and we were cooled down in now time. The bed was comfy enough. We had breakfast on our second and third day and the waffles were amazing! In reading previous reviews, the free waffles is what helped me to book here. When we arrived at 9:30 am there was no juice in the main container but we recieved some from a staff member. Free whipped cream and fresh fruit would definatley make the waffles, but I understand that this is a "free" breakfast. Overall, we had a great trip and would both stay again and would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Arrive early if you would like a greater selection for breakfast.
surrey
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Do not even bother checking inot this hotel is you are a late arrival, even with a guaranteed reservation.

I had a reservation at this hotel the week of August 7th till Aug 11th as a surprise birthday present for my fiance. I call the manaher and informed him we would be a laye arrival and he REASSURED me it was np at all. Just call when we arrive or ring the door bell as he lives on the premises. We arrived at 3 am called him 20 times and rang the so called bell outside which is non functional I might add till 4:30 am and no response!!! Finally he chose to awaken and answer his phone at 6 am!!! I was not the most pleasant on the block and rightfully so!! Cancelled my reservation and warned him he had better not be charging my Mastercard!! and proceeded down the street to The Super 8 where we were warmly welcomed by night auditor Linda offered coffe and muffins as I am diabetic and my blood sugars were low!! and we were not confirmed guests yet!~ all free. We had to wait to talk to the most magnificant general manager Ben whom went more than ever out of his way to make our visit memorable!!

My hat is off to the Super 8 the staff and general manager are the hardest working team I have ever encountered!! I will be back to the Super 8 where their take their business seriously!!

Room Tip: do not waste your time
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Clean room and friendly staff.room had fridge and microwave, but breakfast was not so good, there was not enough things to eat. When we arrived at 8 there was not any cold orange juice and breakfast room is so small.

• Stayed August 2012