“Average at best”

Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Lloydminster, Canada
“Average at best”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We booked a room for one night and when we went into the room it was recently renovated with laminated floors and new tiles in bathroom and countertop. Very clean but the air conditioner wasn't working properly. So we were moved to another room. Room had basics and moderately furnished.
The breakfast room is small but has cold cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, coffee, and juice. Plenty for us, but was a busy room. The breakfast room wasn't open until 7:30am. would have been nice if it was open at 7am for the early risers and travellers that want to get on the road. Also the guy that was making waffles had to check us out. Overall it was an all right stay for one night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edson, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

we booked this place blindly on hotwire.com knowing it was a 2-star hotel. it certainly isn't more than that. it is old and run down. certain reviews say they've done reno's, but our room had only a renovated bathroom. it was small but nice. the rest of the room was decorated 80's style and just old looking, but clean. the hallway smelled stongly of old men's cologne. the complimentary breakfast wasn't worth eating - some dried bread and cereal. hotel prices are high in kelowna but i think we paid too much for the quality of the hotel

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kelowna hotels

Calgary
Reviewed August 20, 2012

we arrived quite late thursday night from Calgary. We were greated warmly and were given our room key. We entered our room and were plesantly surprised. We were greated by a clean and inviting room. We had a king sized bed, which worked out great for us as my self, my husband and my daughter were able to share the bed no problem; no need to use her playpen. The room had a fridge and a microwave. We did use the fridge for my daughters milk and froze water bottles for our cooler. The bathroom was clean and the sink was in the main room which was nice as we were there for a wedding and I was able to do my hair/make up while my husband was showering. The a/c worked amazing and we were cooled down in now time. The bed was comfy enough. We had breakfast on our second and third day and the waffles were amazing! In reading previous reviews, the free waffles is what helped me to book here. When we arrived at 9:30 am there was no juice in the main container but we recieved some from a staff member. Free whipped cream and fresh fruit would definatley make the waffles, but I understand that this is a "free" breakfast. Overall, we had a great trip and would both stay again and would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Arrive early if you would like a greater selection for breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
surrey
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Do not even bother checking inot this hotel is you are a late arrival, even with a guaranteed reservation.

I had a reservation at this hotel the week of August 7th till Aug 11th as a surprise birthday present for my fiance. I call the manaher and informed him we would be a laye arrival and he REASSURED me it was np at all. Just call when we arrive or ring the door bell as he lives on the premises. We arrived at 3 am called him 20 times and rang the so called bell outside which is non functional I might add till 4:30 am and no response!!! Finally he chose to awaken and answer his phone at 6 am!!! I was not the most pleasant on the block and rightfully so!! Cancelled my reservation and warned him he had better not be charging my Mastercard!! and proceeded down the street to The Super 8 where we were warmly welcomed by night auditor Linda offered coffe and muffins as I am diabetic and my blood sugars were low!! and we were not confirmed guests yet!~ all free. We had to wait to talk to the most magnificant general manager Ben whom went more than ever out of his way to make our visit memorable!!

My hat is off to the Super 8 the staff and general manager are the hardest working team I have ever encountered!! I will be back to the Super 8 where their take their business seriously!!

Room Tip: do not waste your time
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Clean room and friendly staff.room had fridge and microwave, but breakfast was not so good, there was not enough things to eat. When we arrived at 8 there was not any cold orange juice and breakfast room is so small.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Bhid
Victoria
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Another stop on the way home from Red Deer was at the Howard Johnson in Kelowna. This hotel has 42 rooms and is under renovation. It is kind of tired looking on the outside but should be painted and spruced up soon. We had 6 rooms, 5 of the 6 couples were very happy with the accommodation. One couple thought their room could have been cleaner. 5 of the rooms were on the ground floor at the back where is was very quiet and we had separate parking in front of our door. Dave the manager couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The rooms were clean and tidy both the rooms and the bathrooms have been renovated. There are no coffee makers in the rooms as travelers in the past have damaged both the machines and the carpets.
The breakfast room is very small but we all managed to get coffee, toast or a muffin before we hit the road. Dave's wife was making waffles for all those who wanted them. We have had better continental breakfasts, hopefully theirs will improve. We were given a group rate at the hotel and would likely stay there again if we were passing through Kelowna.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the 6 rooms on the ground floor at the back of the hotel. The king rooms are just fin...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We walked out in five minutes. Common areas are moldy, smoky, grungy. No security on the outside entrance to second-floor rooms. Gritty neighborhood. We tried to negotiate a refund with the extremely aggressive manager ... only modest luck after PriceLine CS staff pushed him hard. We've ended up paying out $195 for a place we never stayed in. We're trying to work with PriceLine and Howard Johnson / Wyndham to get the place removed from their corporate inventories. I'm entirely skeptical about the 'Best hotel in Kelowna' reviews ... I mean, seriously?

Room Tip: Find a good room somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family