“Great when visiting family in Kelowna”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dilworth Inn

Dilworth Inn
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Parksville, Canada
“Great when visiting family in Kelowna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We've stayed at the Dilworth a half-dozen times. IMO it's great value for the money. Clean, very accommodating staff, nice pool and hot tub (grandkids loved the pool), great wireless internet connection. It's not a luxury hotel, but when you travel to KLO to visit family, the hotel isn't the 'destination', and the price makes the trip affordable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PittmeadowsGarth, Manager at Dilworth Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay, we try to provide the best service for the best value. once again thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

It doesnt look like much from the outside but the inside was amazing. We stayed in a kichenette and it was HUGE. The bathroom was a bit outdated but it was cute. The pool was cold but it would be cooling in the middle of summer on a hot day. Allthough the sauna was not working the jacuzzi made up for it. I also forgot something when i left and didn't realize it till I got home so we phoned and a friend was able to pick it up with no issues. It was cheap and a great place to stay, the room was comfortable and very clean. One of my best stays. :) I highly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to Kelowna.

Room Tip: If you like making your own food the kitchenette was awesome because we didnt feel like we needed to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Dilworth Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We have checked the sauna and it does work but it's quite slow to heat up so we've posted a notice advising guests accordingly.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed 1 night at the Dilworth Inn. Our room was very basic but clean and quiet. Breakfast is provided but too is very basic - cold cereal, breakfast pastry, apples & oranges, juice. It has a roof top area with a bar-b-q for guest use.
Towels could do with an up grade as they were quite thread bare.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Retired28
rurka, Director of Sales at Dilworth Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about our breakfast and our BBQ area. The BBQ patio-top is something that is useful for people wanting to prepare thier own mealsand enjoying it in a private area. We are delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your stay and that you will come back to us, and looking forward to your next stay with us.
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I just stayed at the Dilworth about one week ago, and lets just say even though you can get a room for about $69.00, you get what you pay for. The hotel is firstly very old. You need to ensure you bring extra sheets with you to sleep at night as the sheets and comforters on the bed are like swiss cheese. This also goes for the curtains, which if you are on the first floor, becareful as people will be looking into you room.

When we went to the front desk to check in, we were greeted with a smile, as the front desk agent was extremely busy and she was the only one that we could see working in this area. When it was our turn, she checked us in promptly, but when I asked if there would be someone who could help us get our bags from our car and bring them up to our room, the front desk agent say "I am sorry, but our manager has said we do not offer that service". Okay, this is a big sticking point for me as this service would take someone to help us maybe fifteen minutes. So now the adventure with this hotel begins.

When we finally lugges all of our bags to our room (4 suitcases and two golf bags) we found out our room was only partially cleaned. The inside of the shower still had dirty towels inside. The floor had a used coffee filter on it. So yes, if we looked further, we probably would have found more things that were not clean. I called down to the front desk, of course I forgot the agent would probably be busy, and she had to put me hold for about seven minutes. When she finally picked up the phone, she said she would get a housekeeper to come and reclean our room. When I asked if we would be getting a discount on our room or could we switch rooms, the front desk agent said "we are fully booked tonight so I cannot switch you rooms, and it is our company policy for no refunds or discounts on rooms when we are fully booked". Once again very shocked and frustrated. When the housekeeper came to our room, she took the towels out of the bathtub and then picked up the coffee filter. When we asked her if she was going to reclean the room as then we would leave, the housekeeper said "She is the only one working and still has allot to do so she cannot reclean this room". SO my side note to all of this is that this hotel must not have any staff.

After all of this ordeal, we left to the Mall, which is right beside the hotel somewhat, when we came back, there must have been a soccer team or something staying on our floor as the noise was unbearable. When we called down to the front desk, the man who answered said, he will see what he can do. Lets just say the noise never stopped. We barely slept that night.

The next morning, we woke up and we went to go and have some breakfast, which we were told is free. We at first thought this was a nice feature as for only paying $69 for the room, this was great. But then we got to the breakfast in the font desk lobby area. The oranges were all bruised and some where black. The milk was sitting out in room temperature not chilled or anything. I went up to the front desk counter to ask the agent if there was some cold milk in the back, and then i noticed the agent eating what looked like waffles with syrup. The agent said what is out in the front is it for there breakfast, I jokingly said I wished I had some waffles could the agent share. The agent then said to me "the waffles are for employees only". So we then left with some really awful coffee that could have been used as transmission fluid.

So overall lets just say we will not go back to this hotel regardless of how cheap the rooms are. The hotel is old and dated.

Room Tip: You can get rooms for really cheap here. I would ensure you dont pay full price for these old rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ken J
, Manager at Dilworth Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I am so sorry you were disappointed with your stay at the Dilworth Inn, and also very concerned that the service you received was not up to our usual standards. The hotel is an older property but we pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms and the quality of our service. Can I ask you to contact me at the hotel so that we can investigate further?

Travelers are raving about these Kelowna hotels

Fort McMurray
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Coming in from Alberta and decided to stay one night to do some shopping. Perfect location as it is downtown, right across from the Orchard Park Mall and Close to other stores, restaurants ect...

I arrived early and had requested a ground floor room as there is no elevators. The check in was fast and very friendly. The room was very clean but dated in the bathroom with its yellow tub ,toilet and tiles. But a very clean bathroom.

It wasn't until night time that I noticed the curtain needs to be thicker for better privacy. Also, the ceiling wall is very thin. I heard the people walking around and later heard the bed moving. So bring earplugs if you are on the bottom floor.

I didn't have their continental so cannot comment.

Overall, the price was right for one night, location and service was very good.

I would recommend this hotel but just read the reviews. They are right on the money.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments as it helps us to serve you better on your next visit. We hope your next trip to the Kelowna area that you will choose the Dilworth Inn once again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed here for a couple nights before we went to the Marriott in town. When I originally booked this, I had checked all the reviews and the big word that stood out was CLEAN! I have to agree, this hotel was just that. The beds were quite comfortable. I would say some of the most comfortable I have ever used in a hotel. We were quite surprised and very pleased with the big room that had a mini fridge and microwave. My husband even said you could book a BBQ to cook your own meal... That's pretty cool.
I also have to disagree with the dry breakfast comments. We had a Danish in the am and they were moist. I didn't find it anything about it super horrible. Kids enjoyed the pool and the pool area was very clean as well. I would stay here again and recommend it

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Alic914
WitmarGM, General Manager at Dilworth Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We value your opinion and appreciate your business. Please come and stay with us again!
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed for nite. Front desk staff very friendly and accomodating. Room was very clean,. comfortable beds and we found it very quiet. Nice continental breakfast. We would highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Your positive review gives us a sense of pride in where our property is in guest service. Thank you for taking the time to place your opinion on Trip Advisor, and we welcome you back soon!