My mom and I spent a week here in mid-November. It was a lovely, peaceful retreat. Our 2 bed/2 bath ground-floor condo was great. It backed onto the quiet lake where we sat by the window reading, watching ducks on the water and quail on the lawn. The fully equipped, large unit lacked only an updated decor. The kitchen was well stocked with all major appliances, equipment and dishes. Being off-season, the resort was quiet and few activities appealed to our youthful interests. The indoor pool and hot tub, however, was enjoyable. We also opted to pay $28 extra for wireless internet. This was well worth it and we could connect up to five devices easily.
We took advantage of some of the local sights - wineries, shopping and spa - all required a drive off site. For us, we wanted a quiet, low-key retreat not far from home - this resort provided that. However, at this time of year, the resort may not appeal to those looking for rousing activities and a lively atmosphere. I suspect things are different in the summer and this would be a great place for families in the summer.
Overall, I would recommend booking this resort considering the following:
1. You must have a car if you plan to leave the resort. Restaurants are within 5-10 minutes and Kelowna is about 15-20 minutes by car.
2. In the off season the amenities and activities that appeal more to retirees.
3. The units are comfortable but not modern - think ruffles, dusty rose and pine furniture. This wasn't important to us, but it may be to some.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Duck Lake just north of Kelowna International Airport, Holiday Park RV & Condo Resort is a four season destination resort including vacation condominiums and fully serviced, landscaped RV sites for rental and member ownership. A gated resort community with 24/7 security, a multitude of recreational amenities and facilities for all ages, and we're a pet friendly! Centrally located between Kelowna and Vernon in BC's beautiful Okanagan Valley, surrounded by championship golf courses, award winning wineries and world class ski hills, play all day then come home to Holiday Park! Turn off Highway 97 at the landmark sailboat, come on in and enjoy the sweetlife! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Park Hotel Kelowna
- Holiday Park Resort Kelowna, Okanagan Valley