“Great Thai food!”

Zabb Thai Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 634 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Zabb Thai Restaurant is conveniently located on 3009 Pandosy St, close to the corner of KLO and Pandosy across from SOPA Square in Kelowna Mission. Zabb offers a relaxed casual environment in a modern look and feel atmosphere specializing in authentic Thai cuisine. The menu is simplified so the focus can be placed on the quality and taste of each dish while keeping a friendly price.
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Thai food!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

After visiting Thailand last summer, I've been trying all the local restaurants here in Kelowna. I really enjoyed Zabb. I haven't eaten in the restaurant, only done lunch and dinner takeouts. The restaurant itself is quite small but is clean and basic, with nice enough decor. I'd estimate there is room for 20 people or less in there so I would recommend reservations if you plan on going at a busy time. Now on to the food review: everything I tried was awesome and completely brought back memories of Thailand. They use nice cuts of chicken and beef, no nasty bits or gristle. The veggies were similar to what I got in Thailand but with a slight local twist, and same for the curries. The peanut sauce with the chicken satay is next level! Prices are very reasonable for the portions, and the staff has been friendly and competent. There are other good Thai places in town, but this is my favorite. They have a relatively basic menu, not an enormous amount of choices but enough to satisfy a group, and what they do offer is done well. Their default spice level is quite low - certainly more tame than over in Thailand, I don't think anyone would find it too spicy. I imagine you could request more spicy, but I haven't bothered yet. Check this place out!

“Gluten free Pad Thai, yes please.”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Zabb opened about a year ago and since then we have found our local place for good eats! The service is outstanding. The friendly staff and personable owner keep us entertained and feeling like family;) if you are vegetarian or have a diet restriction they will customize the dish for you!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Smilewithmelissa
Canada
“Pad Thai Central”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Glad to have Zabb land on Pandosy Street. Neat, clean, reasonably priced and their Pad Thai is as good, if not better, as any I have ever tasted.

Visited April 2014
Kelowna, Canada
“ZABBulous”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Amazing food...great atmosphere and staff...well worth it. The owner is one of the friendliest people you'll ever meet. Top on our list when eating out or ordering in.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank boydlovesleafs
canada
“More attention given to take out customers than diners”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Food was very good, but the service... painful! The servers definitely need more training so that they can read when a table needs serving. Trying to attract the attention of our server was near on impossible, as she was either unwilling or unable to make eye contact. As more customers arrived to pick up their take out orders the service deteriorated even more. We felt that take out customers had priority over those of us unfortunately sat in the restaurant

A pity really, as I agree with other reviewers comments regarding the quality of the food

I would therefore avoid dining at there at the weekends and try a quieter evening or order a take out!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank oculusBC
SumofSupa, Owner at Zabb Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
First of all, thank you so much for leaving us a review. Your opinion is very valuable to us.

I have brought up this problem to our servers and trained them how to deal with this kind of situation. I have also added additional staff for the weekends to handle the rush hours. With this change, I'm confident that your next visit to Zabb will be a much better experience.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Supa