“Meatball Sunday”

8:00 PM
Ranked #15 of 711 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Social is a modern meeting point. A place to eat, drink and socialize, both for special occasions, and for casual everyday affairs! We are locally owned and operated, a "hidden gem in the heart of downtown." We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

What...the heck? I work in a restaurant and I understand Sundays are usually slow. There was a total of 5 low maintenance tables in the restaurant and our service was aweful. Everyone seemed frantic and I don't know why. I overheard they were 86'd burgers which is odd...and the service was just so slow. We could tell our server was disorganized. To top it off, it seemed like the AC was off...why? I get the garage door was open, but it was 34 degrees out and not enjoyable. At least refill our waters please...we couldn't wait to get out. Our bill came, we heard the manager was told we had a groupon, and he never came. We left our groupon number on the bill, $5.00 to cover the taxes and a bit of tip. We felt guilty for not tipping more as we both work in the industry, but this was embarrassingly bad. I never tip less than 15% on the original cost before diacount of the bill but this was ridiculous. It was like a circus. We may have tipped more for the show, but we were hot, agitated at the mediocre, tasteless food and had to gtfo.

Having said THAT, we had a wonderful experience there in the winter when we came in for créme brûlée. I think our server's name was Taylor? and she was on the ball.

Date of visit: July 2013
1  Thank gemcguire

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went for wing night at Social 242 and the wings were very fresh, and the sauce on them wasnt oily like some other places.
Highly recommend the food there.

Date of visit: June 2013
1  Thank Matt J
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I decided to go out for dinner Monday night to Social 242. The reno's looked great and it appeared much more roomy. It seemed like a restaurant that could host large parties. Our server Shauna was lovely and knowledgeable. She was prompt and ensured our drinks were topped up. Our food was served hot and split nicely so we could share. The food quality was very nice and tasted delicious. The menu was small and easy to navigate. My only complaint was that the vegetables with our halibut were a little under cooked. All in all it was a nice ladies night out. I would go again.

Date of visit: April 2013
1  Thank Canadiancarly
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Apparently recently opened for the lunch crowd so pretty quiet. Tasty salads, starters and lunch entrees. Good wine beer selection. Can't go wrong. Dinner is probably great.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Heard the ad on the radio and decided to try it. The food was amazing. It has been along time since I have enjoyed a meal that much. Had the special and it was great. Cooked to perfection. Our server Brad was excellent, came around just enough and right on time.
Definitely recommend this place and will be back. Thank goodness Christopher's is gone...

Date of visit: March 2013