Review Highlights

kelowna cruises

Reviewed August 29, 2018
178jes
Edmonton, Canada

All reviews steak dinner cruise salmon the upper deck party boat pleasant cruise green salad captain kelly fun experience boardroom crew supper lake angle stories activity scenery
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Booked the sunset dinner cruise.

Overall experience was less than 1/5 stars. Weather was awful and raining and we couldnt cancel, understandable due to the 24h cancellation policy. Manager who answers the main phoneline was condescending and laughed at my concerns of the weather affecting the overall experience. The staff on board are great and do not deserve this 1 star review.

The dinner: frozen meat, frozen buns from costco, premade salads. Avoid this cruise and spend the money on a nice dinner with fresh ingredients.

TheLakeLounge, Owner at Kelowna Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Hi Christian, I'm sorry you didn't have a fantastic time on the boat. The weather wasn't the best, that is true, a lot more fun when the sun is shining!

The 24 hour cancellation policy is pretty standard in most tourism based activities in Kelowna, I was told that you called in at 3pm on the day of the cruise when the cruise was set to depart at 5:30pm asking for a refund. We can't operate a business with multiple staff and food preparation, etc if we allowed guests to cancel a couple of hours before the cruise. The forecast was pretty much the same from the day before leading up to cruise time so you could have easily cancelled the cruise the day before with a little planning.

In terms of the dinner, most of what you said is wrong. We bring in some things frozen, such as our chicken and salmon, thaw, marinade and cook. The buns you saw are called par-baked buns that we get from our supplier Sysco, they go in the oven for 15 minutes and are served. None of the salads on your cruise were pre-made out of a container type of potato or pasta salad, all of the salads were made fresh in house that day. We get multiple compliments on the food quality daily from guests, sorry you feel the same way.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

My husband and I booked a dinner cruise for our anniversary and Kelowna Cruises cancelled on us AN HOUR BEFORE we were supposed to go leaving us scrambling to find an alternate plan for our wedding anniversary!! They did not even give an explanation for why the cruise was cancelled

Reviewed August 29, 2018

very boring. First of all ,it was running late about 20 minutes waiting for a group of people to purchase tickets. [ one of the group was waiving to the boat and asking for it to wait , which it did] we have taken cruises in kelowna before and really enjoyed them.However this time the boat stayed in the middle of the lake, went through the bridge, turned around and made its way back. we didnt get to see any thing at all of the shore line.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

It was a great time despite the smoky skies!
The bartenders Ryan (Stretch) & Tristan we’re exceptional! Ryan provided us with a commentary on all the owners of the mansions on the lake. Very entertaining.
The music by Andrew Allen (Andrew Allen live.com) was fantastic as well.
I would recommend this cruise!

1  Thank MrsBucky
Reviewed August 17, 2018
Review of: Afternoon Cruise

First, the staff ON THE BOAT are exceptional. It was great to have some of the narration back this year. However, this year, booking has been a nightmare. I have brought many folks to the boat over the past 7 years.
It was generally the first attraction. Your booking system on the web seems to insist on an email address. Really folks, that is not needed. The person booking can easily write down the confirmation number or print the screen. Having limited success booking online (without an email), I went to the Marina to book my second cruise. They state they are open from 10-2, however, by 10:45 they were not there. I left without a booking. I went a second day and managed to get a booking . On the day of the cruise, they phoned me, less than 2 hours before the cruise was to leave, to advise it was cancelled. I had already left. I fully expected the kiosk staff to simply refund my card. Apparently it is not possible on their screen. I contacted the business after returning home. They promised to call today but didn't. If your potential customers can not get a booking and, in the case of cancellation can not easily be provided with a refund it deters from the excellent operation ON THE BOAT. I have now contested the charge on my credit card. Very poor reception service.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Went for the night “party boat “ dance / bar cruise with friends (all in late 30s). Hoping for a fun night out but we were bombarded with random obscure country music from a “DJ” ( a guy on a laptop drinking beer eating a hot dog) that consistently emptied the dance floor. We are all Albertans and not new to country music but the stuff this guy played was the type of music a real country music fan would listen to alone in their car (not the fun singalong type those familiar with stampede might enjoy). He played 1 or 2 songs throughout the 3 hour trip that got people out but then followed it up with a bunch of songs no one was in to.

Essentially think terrible wedding DJ that you wish you never hired. Primarily one genre with minimal regard to requests or what the effect of his music choices have on the dance floor. He clearly didn’t care.

Rest of staff was great and otherwise this has a lot of potential. Maybe replace DJ with a Spotify or Apple Music playlist and it would likely be a lot better.

TheLakeLounge, Owner at Kelowna Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Hi Brad S,

Thanks for your feedback. The cruise you were on is an event hosted by a production company owned by the DJ you had on the boat that evening. He hires the boat from me and sells tickets. We sell tickets, especially if numbers are low, out of our ticket booth. I will discuss your review with him. I'm sorry you didn't have a great time. I hope the rest of the boats staff were great, everything on the boat worked, and, minus the smoke, the views were fantastic.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Spent an hour and a half cruise with my hubby and teens and friends. It is an amazing and relaxing experience.

A great way to explore okanagan lake. Bought the tickets from groupon. We just paid for the tax and additional $10 each for the lunch (burger and caesar salad).

The facilities are clean and the staffs are friendly and nice. Will definitely recommend this to our friends.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner cruise. The meat was grilled right on the boat. Our dinner also included potato salad, pasta salad, fresh rolls and green salad. My steak was juicy and delicious, but my sister thought the salmon tasted too fishy. Drinks were available upstairs from the bar. Soda is $2. Boat and bathrooms were clean.

Reviewed August 11, 2018
Review of: Afternoon Cruise

We took the 12:30-2pm tour (lunch was optional) and thoroughly enjoyed or time on board with Captain Mike, Chef/First mate Kyle and Bartender/tour guide/host extraordinaire Ryan a.k.a. Stretch. Ryan had great information and stories about the area, and It really did not feel like 90 minutes had passed. The crowd was small so we had a lot of room to walk around. Would go again for sure. Make sure to ask Ryan to make you a peachy flavoured drink he calls "Mwahh"...picture a Bellissimo type kiss and that's its name :)

1  Thank Melanie G
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

This cruise is just too crowded. There were not enough seats on the boat for everyone to sit while cruising. For dinner, there was a huge line-up and again not enough seats for everyone in the dining hall.

I wouldn’t recommend this for older people.

While this cruise wasn’t my scene, it seemed that others on the boat enjoyed it.