“Disappointed”

Kelowna Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Me and my family went on the Blues Cruise last night July 4 and we were very disappointed. My Kids 16 and 18 said it was one of the worst things we have ever done. It really is not a cruise but a float. we drove out to the middle of Lake Okanagan and than shut the motors off floated for 30 minutes or so and drove back in. I was thinking this would be a great venue to take out of towners to enjoy the Okanagan but I would not waste my money again.

1  Thank Larry N
"outing"
"activity"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was on the Canada Day cruise and paid $60 for a cruise that was to include appetizers. I received a bag of chips. When I mentioned I was confused about the appetizers the Captain told me that it was not his fault. The guy who was supposed to deliver the appetizers did not deliver them. I'm sorry but the service I paid for was not delivered and therefore it is the companies responsibility to reimburse me for the service I did not receive.
Another couple complained to the owner who was on the ship at the time and he told her he was "Off duty" and disregarded her complaint. Later in the evening I further witnessed the owners wife attacking this woman verbally. I just found it very unprofessional.
I wouldn't have wrote a complaint as the appetizers in the end weren't a complete spoiler, it was more the way the owner and his wife conducted themselves as business people.
Also the band was sub par and for a good portion handed the microphone over to a drunk patron who was absolutely terrible. I will not recommend this cruise to anyone and I would highly suggest saving your $ and going with a different company that values their customers.

3  Thank BlondiEyyc
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It was not as advertised, when complaints (and we were not the only ones) came in the owner, said he was off duty and would not speak to people. Was busy drinking. Very expensive and not worth the month spent on it. Would not take the cruise again, ever! We spent an average of $400 for the dinner cruise and fireworks cruise and was totally unimpressed with the service provided and the lack of honesty with the Boardroom. Waste of money and an evening.

1  Thank Lynda M
Reviewed June 24, 2013

JC and his staff were exceptional, the food excellent, and the service was beyond what we expected. We held a dinner for 20 during a corporate meeting and everyone raved about what a great evening we had - depsite the fact that it was rainy and cold. Thanks to everyone for a fantastic dinner outing.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If i could give this company a negative rating I absolutely would. I had come to Kelowna for a visit with some family and a bit of a vacation. I shared numerous emails with the captain over the month or two prior to our trip to make our reservation and share information as this was a birthday present for my brother. The captain said boarding time was 6pm and at no time was I informed that there was a possibility of the boat leaving early for any reason. As the captain as fully aware that i was from out of town, he should've mentioned the fact that there was blocks and blocks of construction in the immediate area and that we would have to go quite a way in order to find parking. We arrived five minutes prior to the boarding time and the boat had already left the dock. We waved and it stopped. We could see the captain and another staff member pointing and talking as if they were considering coming back, then continued on their way regardless. I called the captain at that time and he refused to answer. I emailed him to let him know that I would be expecting a full refund of my Groupon that I had purchased. He replied with an insincere apology and ultimately blamed me for not arriving half an hour before boarding time as it was windy that day. He said they had to leave the dock early or they wouldn't have been able to go out at all. So that begs the question, if it was that close to you not being able to leave why go at all? How are you going to return if you almost can't leave? Bizarre to say the least. He said he had no proof that I had purchased a Groupon, so I emailed him a copy and he still refused to reimburse me.
This company had the worst customer service I've seen in quite sometime and I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. Ever.

3  Thank Island_living2013