“east and west bank wine tours” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Distinctly Kelowna Tours - Day Tours

Distinctly Kelowna Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 53 Food & Drink in Kelowna
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in fully narrated guided Okanagan winery tours covering the Kelowna area, Summerland, Naramata and South Okanagan wine regions.Tours are offered to guests on a daily basis and are available year round. We excel at custom-designed tours for private and corporate groups, designed just for your group.We are the professionals in touring and one of the longest running tour companies in the Okanagan Valley.Let us create your next memorable experience!
“east and west bank wine tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just spent two days in kelowna and took two different wine tours with Distinctly Kelowna tours. Our guides Bernie and Hugh were fantastic! They were very friendly, very knowledgeable about their city and the different wineries, and of course, wine! We were shuttled around in a nice van and they were very attentive to all of the guests in their care. Thank you for making this a wonderful experience and we found the overall cost to be very very reasonable for the experience they provided. Would highly recommend them to anyone considering a trip here. The wineries and the settings are breathtaking. The Mcleods

Visited September 2013
Debbie D, Owner at Distinctly Kelowna Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Berne and Hugh are fabulous tour guides! They are both very attentive and informative! The wineries are situated in an amazing area, with views of the vineyards, lake and mountains. We take pride in keeping our vans in great condition! Thank-you for your review. I hope you visit us again soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently took the Westside Bench Winery Tour with a small group of new friends and a great tour guide, Rob. We were picked up at our B&B promptly as planned and whisked away for a wonderful day of touring the beautiful wine country of Kelowna. We visited 4 different wineries, had lunch overlooking a lovely golf course and even stopped for a bit at a local fresh fruit/veggie stand. We were amazed at how much we learned about the area and its wines with both our ever helpful guide and the knowledgeable folks at all the wine tastings; people who love wine and love to share what they know. We left the tour knowing that we have to come back and do it again and that we have only just begun to know what it really means to appreciate the wines made in our wonderful country.

Visited September 2013
Debbie D, Owner at Distinctly Kelowna Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank-you for your review. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable and informative day that you are planning on coming back to the Okanagan. We love to showcase what our region has to offer!
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just what the doctor ordered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took the Northern Bench wine tour. Our easy-going guide Hugh kept us on schedule, yet kept the atmosphere relaxed. On the drive into Lake Country, he gave us helpful tips on how to sample wine, which came in very handy for us novices. He was well-spoken of at one of the wineries we toured. We enjoyed meeting two other couples we shared the tour with. By the end of the day and several wine tastings later, we were all great buddies! We appreciated that Hugh had some fruit roll-up snacks and water in the van for us. Fortunately Hugh had the foresight to label the bags from all of our purchases at the end of each winery stop, so we didn't have to worry about who's was who's at drop-off time. Thanks Hugh! :)

Visited August 2013
Thank-you for your review. I am happy that you had a relaxing and informative day. It is always nice to hear that guests form new friendships while out on tour. It sounds like everyone enjoyed the wine and made several purchases!
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“What a lovely way to spend a day in the Okanagan”

Hello!
I am actually from the Kelowna-area, and moved away to Alberta but travel back often. This is the first time, I am ashamed to admit, that I ever took a winery tour even though I grew up in Kelowna. If you are looking for a very personal tour, pick Distinctly Kelowna.
When I began planning my trip, I emailed 4 tour companies - one never even emailed back, even though their website said to expect a reply in 24 hours. The other 3 emailed back, but Distinctly Kelowna emailed back very promptly, and they provide very friendly service - they even picked us up at my mom's house for no extra fee. Many others would only pick up from a major hotel, or they charged $20 extra for a private residence pick up. Not Distinctly Kelowna - they picked us up, no charge. Richard, our guide, was very kind - he treated us like royalty. I felt for $99, I got more than my money's worth and would take a tour with him again in a heartbeat.
Excellent service, beautiful views. Good job Distinctly Kelowna!

Visited August 2013
Thank-you for your review. I am happy that you had a great time with us and were pleased with the service you received. We pride ourselves on responding to our guests in a timely manner and making the day as easy for guests as possible. We look forward to touring with you again in the future!
Okanagan Valley, Canada
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Great way to spend Mother's Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Sorry for the late review! My mom and I spent the afternoon with David touring the Northern Bench and tasting at Gray Monk, Arrowleaf, Ex Nihilo and Intrigue. First off, David was the consummate tour guide, funny, knowledgeable and always willing and able to lug around a lot of cases of wine!

Having been to the Okanagan many times before, it was so fun to have someone give us background and information about the area that we'd never heard before. David's knowledge of wine and tasting was perfect for the novice to the experienced wine drinker.

The best part of the day was that we got to taste and enjoy everything, and we didn't have to worry about driving anywhere afterwards. I'd recommend Distinctly Kelowna to everyone I know, and would tour with them again.

Visited May 2013
Thank-you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your day with us! We offer safe transportation so you don't have to be concerned about drinking and driving. Our guides are knowledgeable and willing to assist our guests. Thank-you for recommending us!