“Best Sushi in Kelowna”

Bluetail Sushi Bistro
Ranked #24 of 612 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Japanese eatery bringing a West Coast feel to BC's interior. Reservations are recommended!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sushi in Kelowna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bluetail is definitely the best Sushi in town! I am a regular, and have never once been disappointed. I would recommend Bluetail to anyone who is looking for a new place to try. I will not eat Sushi anywhere else. Most Sushi restaurants in Kelowna are sub-par for the price and Bluetail is definitely outstanding at at reasonable price points. I love how clean, and modern the decor is, and how creative the food is. It's nice to know the ingredients are fresh, and hand picked from the market everyday. Outstanding!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank bristein

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Great Sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very tasty food and excellent suhi rolls! Modern designed interior. Would defenetly come again or recommended the restaurant to others!!!

1 Thank Ilovevacation896810
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Too much Bistro, not enough Sushi.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our first visit to Bluetail. We were looking to try a new sushi place and saw that Bluetail was highly recommended. My girlfriend and I had 2 appies, 2 sushi rolls and a sashimi. We only drank water and our bill was over $50. I am not accustomed to this high of a price for sushi. The sushi rolls (Green Dragon, Red Dragon) were excellent, but $12 each? The Big Eye sashimi was really good as well. The appies were the real let down. Gyoza were tasty but you only get five and they are very small. The softshell crab appetizer was tasty as well but it was 4 bites. The sushi is excellent, but its a little pricey for sushi. I felt ripped off by the small portions of the appetizers. We left hungry.

• Visited August 2012
Calgary
“Wonderfull for young family of 4”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

In from Calgary. Hot and tired. Called ahead ordered the love boat. Got there 10 minutes later. Great meal. Ordered rice for the 1 year old, was out to us in2 minutes. Had nice kids cutlery for 3 year old. Fast friendly service. Kids were crazy, ordered some tempura to go, said we would be next door because kids were crazy and I would be back to pick it up. They found me next door and delivered it. Very lovely sushi compared to Calgary.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank D H
Kelowna, Canada
“Kelowna Sushi scene is growing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I am glad that we have been granted a new sushi place - and this one is quite something. The chef is from the big city Vancouver and it shows in the plate. Not only are the rolls succulent but they are also well presented. Every dish demonstrate a great culinary talent.
The decor is trendy and service extremely attentive and professional.

• Visited May 2012