“Not worth the drive”

Carmelis Alpine Goat Cheese Artisan
Ranked #2 of 25 Shopping in Kelowna
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stopped by here after reading about it in a tour book. It's not an attraction worth seeing; I've had much better gelato, and sandwiches were good, but not worth the drive out here.

1  Thank llpooppob

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Only twenty minutes from downtown Kelowna, the trip along Lakeshore Road gives you some of the best vistas of the Lake, until you get to Carmelis. Overlooking the goat farm you have a view of awesomeness.

The cheeses are all made fresh from goat's milk - the Dill and Onion goat's cheese was my favourite. Try their goat's milk gelato too - so rich and flavourful. The blueberry blew my mind.

The staff are sweet, providing friendly advice as you sample the cheeses.

A must do.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Carmelis is the place to bring family and friends!
Whenever I have company or guests I always bring them up for a cheese tasting, some FABULOUS panini sandwich's (they have a variety) and goats milk gelato for dessert! The Staff is always friendly and informative. The Farm is always open on holidays so its great for when everything else is closed. They have about 30 goats that you can watch play around and if you can make it up in March or April you will get to see there babies which are adorable!!!
I have never been to a place with such quality products and high staff efficiency and service it truly is a hidden gem!

Seriously Go you will not regret it!!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We were scheduled for a tour. The sign says that they are open until 6pm. We arrived at 5:30pm and were told that we could not have the tour and could not sample any cheese. So we had pre-paid for our tour, lost that money and they lost out on several hundred dollars worth of sales. Plus our experience will be on the Internet forever. In this day and age of technology the answer is yes. We were extremely disappointed.

2  Thank Talczudner
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was a cool spot to visit, but I'm not sure I would go back. The cheese was delicious but the staff only so-so. Granted there were a number of people needing help, but when we go in prepared to buy cheese, and are put on the back-burner while little old ladies (who we all know won't spend a dime) nibble, and the staff is in the corner texting on her phone, it does leave a bit of a bad taste. There was indeed another staff member there, but she wasn't interested in jumping in, as we were 'being helped' already but the other girl. Ah well. I would still recommend people check it out, but also management might consider upping the ante on service.

1  Thank lisa M