“reminds me of the old school family fun centers”

Scandia Golf & Games
Calgary Alberta
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“reminds me of the old school family fun centers”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I don’t have kids but my girlfriend and I love stopping in here every time we are in Kelowna. The combo of coins, go karts and mini golf are a fun way to spend some time outdoors in the evening. The mini golf course is fun complete with the annoying windmills. The go karts are slow but fun to play around with. And the batting cages are a great way to spend the tokens.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank austic403

Terrace, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The 80`s Arcades are gone but Scandia is fun all the same”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Golden age of Arcades is dead. When I walk around this arcade that I spend countless hours in during the 80`s I see old Cabinets such as TRON, Pacman, Sinistar, and Defender that have been converted to crappy fighting games. That being said Scandia still has a lot to offer, they still have the mini jungle golf and my family enjoys this very much. The best game in the place is Deal or No Deal my family and I had a blast playing this and spent the most time at this game. Next we really enjoyed the Pinball machines, unfortunately they need repair and are setup very fast. The Star Wars pin2000 pinball machine was in the best shape and very fun to play. Each time we go to Scandia we are hoping they will have one of the new Stern Pinball machines but they don`t seem to ever buy them, too bad.

On a sour note the manager or owner a guy in his 50`s was a total [--] to his employees. He explained something to his employee in front of me and when she didn`t understand he called her stupid and a few other names. I jumped into the conversation and politely told the gentleman that I must also be [--] stupid as I didn't`undertand either what he was asking of her. He quickly agreed with me that I was stupid mumbled under his breath and walked away, life is too short so I had a chuckly with the young staff member he had just belittled.

If you want to enjoy the games and enjoy a busy atmosphere go on a Friday night, it`s very busy. The games we enjoyed most were, the Pinballs, Deal or No Deal, the big MAME machine running the old school Arcade games, and the many driving games. The food was good and we also had a nice laugh and enjoyed the Monkey time theater, other than the rude manager I would recommend a night out at Scandia.

Visited April 2013
British Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fun”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Lot's of fun for the kids, everyone always enjoys the outdoor golf and the indoor mini golf. Although it's definitely due for a bit of an update!

Visited March 2013
Kelowna
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 274 helpful votes
“Where else is there to go???”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Problem with Scandia as each time we go it does not get any better...games always busted and very dated and OLD!, Jungle Golf needs a major renovation as musty and grungy down there and lots of dust build up not cleaned ever, staff are all really young and not attentive much and the leader is like in his 70's and should just retire, sell and someone else come in and redo the whole place as not much to do in Kelowna for families as it is! So it is a real shame to say the least!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Nolpreen
British Columbia, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Old facility, but great times”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'm not sure Scandia has ever been renovated, since I started going there in the late 80's/90's. But there's something for everyone here. The mini golf (indoor and outdoor) is fun, as are the batting cages. When we last went the bumper cars weren't working, so don't get your kids riled up for them, and have them be disappointed when you get there!

I can't remember what those those things are called that play the happy birthday song in the dining area (monkey's?), they may have changed over the years, but they're hilarious and the kids love them. Pizza and these strange signing animals make this an awesome experience.

Visited April 2012