“Great food, excellent service, reasonable price”

Da Tandoor Fusion Indian Cuisine
Ranked #203 of 664 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have eaten at Tandoor numerous times but never have written a review of experience. This is our favourite Indian Cuisine restaurant. We always order the Vegetable Pakoras, Lamb Korma and Basmati Rice. This time we decided to try a vegetable dish(Vegetable Goa Curry) instead of a chicken entree. They always get the spice level right no matter what we order. Every time we have eaten here the food has been very good and tonight was no different. And their Nan bread is the best in town. We have always had excellent service no matter who we get--friendly, knowledgeable, always there when you need them and that includes the one we had tonight who was new to the restaurant. And they have never been rude.
Highly recommend.

1  Thank Gregory54

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have eaten here many times. The food is always good to excellent. Their vegetarian dishes are excellent, and their tandoor is really tasty. Their fish dishes are not my favourite, although we recently discovered their prawn dish.

I have also eaten at their buffet lunch which is really good value.
I love their Chai - its very authentic.

The service is always good.

2  Thank Assunta R
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Dined at Da Tandoor on a Friday evening. We had 5 people in our party and a reservation for 7pm. We were seated immediately. It did take a few minutes to get menus but once we did we received the right amount of attention from our server all evening. He was friendly and humorous.

I ordered the mango lassi (spelling?) to start. Yum!

My girlfriend and I ordered a bottle of wine to split and for appetizers our party had vegetable pakoras (delicious!), vegetable samosa (very good) and complimentary chick pea tortillas.

For dinner I had the lamb curry which I really enjoyed. The others all enjoyed their meals as well and I sampled theirs and thought they were very good. We received ample naan bread with our meals and ordered 2 bowls of rice to share with our entrees. Everyone enjoyed their meals and drinks.

I found the prices very reasonable for the amount of food you received.

Will definitely go back to this restaurant!

1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

-Low lighting causes headaches
-I got back pain from the sofa seats
-they wouldn't clean the plates when we were done eating and waiting for more food
-no parking available
-very Pricey

1  Thank Sridar E
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great selection of dishes with the diner's ability to choose amount of " spicyness " required. The lamb in particular was perfectly cooked.
The ambience in the restaurant is great with areas suitable for intimate dining or larger parties. Service was prompt with attention to detail.
This is a popular venue for us.

2  Thank vancouverite66