“Good, not anything great.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 610 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Good, not anything great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The restaurant is very dated, albeit the food is more important than décor. I had the seafood stir fry which had a good amount of prawns and scallops. It was good and I ate it all but I left the restaurant telling my friend, "I make a better stir fry at home" to which she agreed the same about her meal.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank 44Sam

“Happy Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I went ther for lunch last week. The first thing we noticed was that all the servers were happy and smiling. A couple of times they shared something that made them all laugh out loud. The food we ordered came very quickly and was pipping hot. The dishes we ordered were very tasty and the portions were very adequate. We have frequented a couple of other Vietnamese restaurants in Kelowna and sofar this one is the best in our opinion.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chuck D
Kelowna, BC
“Will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have worked in upper end food and beverage service for 12 years, and tend to judge a restaurant based upon food flavour and value for the dollar, service that is attentive, knowledgeable, and never pretentious, and ambiance based upon cleanliness. Unlike some of the previous reviewers, I don't mind modest surroundings. It's about the food, folks, your appetite isn't satisfied by the trendy decor. If that happens to be your priority then, well, you will pay for it. But why complain, who ARE you, a sought-after restaurant critic? A restaurant of this caliber is absolutely spot on for the price you pay. My companion and I enjoyed the spicy pho broth, and the flavour of the house curry was quite special. Our server was great, and I appreciated her help getting to know the menu and her recommendations. We look forward to visiting again.

2 Thank RationalPalette
Kelowna, Canada
“== good food, small portions ==”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

The food was good - lemon grass chicken and the sample dish - but the portions were small (very little meat, way too much cheap starch). Their food costs are probably 20%, if that.

As noted by others, the decor is early Holiday Inn at best. Service was kind, cheerful and amateurish.

A much better place is Than Than in Edmonton on 101st Street and 107th Avenue. It's the best in the west.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FlyingDutchman_12
Kelowna, Canada
“Superb food, just don't look at the decor.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went for the first time with my husband for dinner. We knew from other reviews that the decor and ambience were not to appealing. They were right. This place needs a major overhaul! It was clean though and the service was excellent. Our food was delicious and fresh and was brought out quickly. The spring rolls were some of the best I have had and the spicy lemongrass noodle soup will have me returning for more soon. I don't recommend this place for a first date or romantic evening out but don't judge this book by its cover. The food is what counts and its awesome!

2 Thank BeautyForAshes