“They made a little mistake and they made it right.”
Review of Ora Restaurant - CLOSED

Ora Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have stayed at the Best Western Hotel in Kelowna many times over the past four years. About a year ago, the restaurant went under new management and name, now the ORA Restaurant. We dined there on Monday evening, October 15th. We ordered our meals and a glass of wine. My wife ordered her Cobb Salad with chicken but asked that it not be encrusted in blue cheese as on the menu. It took a bit longer than normal for our orders to arrive, and our server came to our table to apologize for the delay, as the chef did not at first notice the special order. She indicated that as a result both of our meals would be complimentary because of their error. When the meals came, they were both excellent! So I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Both because of the fine food, but also the extra effort in making their customers happy.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was staying in the hotel. The breakfast, which is meant for a continental breakfast however walk-in guests are welcome I guess, was good for a continental but I would not really recommend it for walk-in guests.

Lunch and dinner is a totally different story! I was blown away with the size of the portions. We are given a lot of food for the price that we pay. Truly fantastic. I would recommend the Steak Sandwich in a heartbeat. The server that we had was also fantastic. She was filling up our pop with out even being asked. It was great to see her being on top of it all the time.

I recommend Ora for dinner or lunch any time! The staff and food is great, thank you for a great meal :)

1  Thank Cass M
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Met family for brunch here as they were staying at the hotel. $14 X 5 people for liquid egg, paper thin bacon, bargain bin sausage.....you get the point. I stay at these hotels and pass on this food when it is included, but to pay $14 for this garbage made me write my first review. Two people at my table had a bowl of cereal as this was the only palatable item available. This place should make it an optional guest only breakfast and not offer this fare for money. It looks like a nice restaurant but I will never return to find out. I would have been better off to flush my $80 down the toilet! You should be ashamed.

1  Thank Abnormal4
Reviewed August 8, 2012

They've just tried to poison my son. He is 2 years old and we ordered their linguini with tomato sauce from their kids menu. What can be more safe than linguini with tomato sauce? My son immediately became red and started screaming on top of his lungs. I tried it myself and was about to faint, the amount of pepper was enormous, I broke into tears, it was just beyond belief. I like spicy asian food, but asian food is nothing compared to this crap. I understand that I should have tried everything that goes into my son's mouth first, but you never expect things like that in the restaurant that had been previously reviewed as “Top-notch food and service!” Why on earth add pepper in kid's meals at all? To be fair they gave us 25% off the bill, but of course we won't go there ever again, there are so many nice restaurants in this area to choose from.

2  Thank Daria A
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Unlike previous restaurants at this location, ORA is obviously here to stay. They have created a great outside patio and the whole place looks wonderful. My wife and I both had soup and salad and it was great value. We are not drinkers and didn't spend a lot but we still got great service. The staff have a very friendly attitude and we will be back.