“Never again!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Canadian
Calgary, Canada
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

They've just tried to poison my son. He is 2 years old and we ordered their linguini with tomato sauce from their kids menu. What can be more safe than linguini with tomato sauce? My son immediately became red and started screaming on top of his lungs. I tried it myself and was about to faint, the amount of pepper was enormous, I broke into tears, it was just beyond belief. I like spicy asian food, but asian food is nothing compared to this crap. I understand that I should have tried everything that goes into my son's mouth first, but you never expect things like that in the restaurant that had been previously reviewed as “Top-notch food and service!” Why on earth add pepper in kid's meals at all? To be fair they gave us 25% off the bill, but of course we won't go there ever again, there are so many nice restaurants in this area to choose from.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Daria A

Peachland, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Unlike previous restaurants at this location, ORA is obviously here to stay. They have created a great outside patio and the whole place looks wonderful. My wife and I both had soup and salad and it was great value. We are not drinkers and didn't spend a lot but we still got great service. The staff have a very friendly attitude and we will be back.

• Visited July 2012
Austria
“Pretty Ok!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

It was a good place to visit, really good ribs and chicken. A little bit more expensive but was still a good reastrant.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Acworth, Georgia
“Top-notch food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Located in the Best Western Hotel, we were so pleased with this gem of a restaurant! The decor and atmosphere were quite modern and chic and appealed to various age groups. The service was excellent --- attentive without hovering ---and our waitress was helpful and friendly. The food was excellent with subtle flavorings that showed creativity. Would definitely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kelowna
“New favourite Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

The key ingredients to a "favourite restaurant" in our books are; fabulous menu featuring lots of healthy choices with an emphasis on local grown and organic; delicious food; a wonderful interesting setting; a terrific selection of local Okanagan wines; and outstanding service with staff who enjoy what they do and demonstrate it. On all counts, Ora has all these going for it!

• Visited June 2012