“Original Joe's - originally good, now... not? Let's hope not!”
Review of Original Joe's

Original Joe's
Ranked #109 of 642 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were at Original Joe's a week or so ago. My husband and I went, along with our daughter and two granddaughters aged seven and three. We had a good booth, with a pleasant waitress with a big fake smile. The drinks came fairly quickly, but it bugged me that she asked for a drink order as soon as we sat down, not giving us a chance to see what was available. The children's menu is not printed on the menu, so the waitress recited it to us. The little girls ordered a pasta dish. My daughter and I had salmon and my husband ordered the ribs. It was a long wait to get our food. The kids were getting fidgety. Another waitress finally brought the food, telling our three-year-old granddaughter,"the plate is extremely hot". So how is she supposed to eat it without touching it and burning her fingers? She's three!! My husband's ribs were stone cold. The other meals were okay. It took forever for my husband to get a new order of ribs, but when they finally arrived, they were good, he said. The kids shared a dessert and the adults had coffee, which was okay.

1  Thank Sally K
There are newer reviews for Original Joe's

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were a group of 2 couples and we drove by and noticed the patio outside was busy so we thought we would give this restaurant a try...boy were we disappointed on so many levels. There was a line up to get in so we thought that this was a good sign, showing it's busy so they should be on top of things. Well we waited patiently for 25 mins for a table and once seated we didn't see our server for another 20 mins to come and take our drink order. Once that was done we waited another 15 mins for the drinks to arrive and she left without taking our food order. Finally after another 20 mins. she came back to take our food order, I asked if this was normal for customers to have to wait so long for drinks and food and she said on a busy night it gets crazy...no excuse. Ok so our food arrived, it was average and unimpressive. The noise is very loud due to the high ceilings so things seemed to echo around you, it was hard to hear each other across the table. We have no plans of returning here anytime soon!

1  Thank Laurie K
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were welcomed right away and told they had a table ready for us but a rude customer literally walked right in front of us and seated himself at our table, refusing to make eye contact with the hostess. Instead of saying something to the guy the hostess asked us to stand next to an outside wall right next to another couples table and had us wait there for a table to be cleaned. We didn't have to wait long but it was awkward standing next to this couple as they ate their dinner. Once we were seated our waitress was okay but not very efficient with bringing drinks and placing our order. The food was decent but not outstanding. I will not be rushing back anytime soon.

1  Thank BeautyForAshes
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The atmosphere and outdoor patio is great but will be a bit noisy during prime tourist season - friendly greeting on arrival and promptly seated on the patio but not so good from there. I'm not sure how long they have been open and maybe it is growing pains, but our server was totally disengaged and could have cared less throughout the entire sporadic service - very indifferent except when it was with customers she obviously was friends with. Other servers I observed seemed better and interacted well with the customers but seemed very spotty overall. Food portions were average, my burger was okay, mango pasta salad had no flavour - my dining companion's dragon lettuce wrap was okay but overall average in taste. Menu is fairly extensive. There was no follow-up on how things were. There is a lot of competition in Kelowna in this food genre and I would go to other places first so I'm not sure I'd give them a second chance because of that.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

patio nice staff great food good but they need to have nutritional information for all items including special waitress helpful to acess nutritional info but company needs to make it more accesible you shouldnt have to ask at a high quality restaurant