“Could you open up a branch in Ottawa?”

Okanagan Street Food
Ranked #18 of 629 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: American, International
Ottawa, Canada
“Could you open up a branch in Ottawa?”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Came here for lunch after hearing about it from a contact. Wow! What a great concept for a restaurant and what great execution. I had the fish tacos and my wife had the pulled pork sandwich. Thats the best fish taco I've had for sure. I wish I could move this place back to Ottawa with me....

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank bruceb180

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Lived in the Okanagan for 7 years. It was only a couple years ago my wife and I heard about Okanagan Street Food. We now try and make it here every couple months. Delicious! The food is mostly local, and the meals are a good price. I highly recommend it to all!!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MrsNichol81
Edmonton, Canada
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

While on a 4 day visit to Kelowna, my teen kids and I stumbled upon OSF through trip advisor. I had a delicious fresh pasta of the day (penne with leeks and tomatoes in a scrumptious tomato pesto sauce) while my daughter had the OSF club which she deemed delicious, commenting on the wonderfully fresh bun. We started off with fries and all of us were enthralled with the blackberry ketchup. Can't wait to come back to Kelowna to try the home made Mac n Cheese!

Victoria, Canada
“Absolutely unexpected and stunning.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I've gone to this restaurant a couple of times for business lunches, always to the pleasant surprise of my company. Today was the first time my wife and I went as a couple (we are both big into food).

I ordered the pulled pork, my wife had the mac and cheese with pulled pork and we shared a poutine.

Having eaten pulled pork at some of the most reputable pulled pork dives in Western Canada, I can state without a doubt that this was the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had. The bun holds up so well to the last bite, is just a tad sour and is braised to sweet perfection with brown sugar. The onions are sweet and flavoured with balsamic and wine. The pork itself is unusually unsweet for pulled pork and favours more savory flavours like cumin. The pork was perfectly cooked and was neither tough nor stringy. Putting them all together you have a phenomenal sandwich. Of course, a great bottle of local beer helps it go down a little easier.

My wife's mac and cheese was made to order, as with all mac and cheese at OSF. This means you have to wait a bit for it to arrive, but when you see the crispy, bubbling gooey goodness, you know the wait was worth it. House-made noodles, rich cheesey sauce and layers upon layers of flavour. Mac and cheese is not usually a wow dish; OSF changes that.

The poutine was prepared with a cheddar style cheese curd, hand-cut double fried fries and a thinner, more savoury gravy. The poutine ranks up there among the greats. Make sure to ask for their house-made blackberry ketchup if you want an extra dipping sauce.

Having tried a number of other dishes, I can say that every item is an experience. With the prices and location, you can tell that the Chef is serving you good food because he has a passion for what he does. OSF is bar-none, the best bang for your buck you will get in the Okanagan with appies ranging from $6-8 and mains from $8-$12! A few places in town could learn that amazing, scratch-made food is inexpensive and a reward to your guests.

The dining area is small, but cozy and kitchy. A great place to bring a friend, grab a lunch or take a business relation for a surprisingly pleasant meal. I absolutely can't wait for our next visit!

Edmonton, Canada
“A treat to eat at Okanagan Street Food”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our two visits. The mac and cheese with pulled pork was outstanding! Fish taco exceeded expectations! Extensive collection of hot sauces to add if desired. Not to be missed if you are in Kelowna!